Old October 30, 2001, 20:45   #1
Andrew_Jay
Prince

Local Time: 12:04
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Scenarios that it has shipped with?
I have a reserved copy just down the street from me at my local Electronics Boutique, but I can't get to pick it up till tomorrow But anyway, since I'm a bit impatient, I was wondering what scenarios are in the game already?
Old October 30, 2001, 20:55   #2
David Floyd
Emperor

Local Time: 15:34
Bastards didn't put ANY scenarios in the damn game...well OK two world maps, one huge one normal, but that doesn't count...dirty bastards I was expecting another kickass WW2 scenario (admit it: you all thought the initial WW2 scenario kicked ass before Harlan Thompson, John Petroski, etc., made even more kickass ones).

Now, to those dirty bastards who shipped the game without scenarios: Thanks for a great game anyway!
Old October 30, 2001, 21:12   #3
Typo
Chieftain

Local Time: 15:34
No way!!! This is lame, really lame I loved the scenarios in Civ (especially ww2 and rome on the med map) until I discovered user made ones. I mean why? Have they even tested the editor themselves by creating any scenarios???

This is cheap, real cheap, I think I'm almost as mad about this as Yin is about no multiplayer (well maybe be not, as I'm still buying the game).

I expected at least a world map, map of europe and a mediteranean map and at least a couple of scenarios
I would have put my life on being a ww2 scenario especially with shermans and panzers.

Oh well I'll have to wait for user made ones if its possible!! Or some cheap scam to sell us more scenarios as an add-on, which ever comes first.
Old October 30, 2001, 21:25   #4
Adm.Naismith
King

Local Time: 16:34
Quote:
Originally posted by David Floyd
Bastards didn't put ANY scenarios in the damn game...
Uh? Didn't the preview mentioned something like a dozen scenario bundled with the game?

Do Firaxis save all of them for later (Multiplayer also) release?
Do they where really in a hurry and missed the deadline to put them on CD?
Will they let you download them for free from official Civ III site?

Come on, some ready Scenario! I remember MOD/scenario people really able to better understand editor looking at ready scenario (was it in CTP or CTP II, I forgot).

Well, I seldom played scenario in Civ II and SMAC anyway...
Not to mention the grapefruits I can't have are always not good enough
Old October 30, 2001, 21:26   #5
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 08:34
IMO, I think that Firaxis figured that since there is an editor shipped with the game, the player or civ site (like this one) can create their own scenarios for the game...so they (Firaxis) didn't include any scenarios.

Hopefully, any future patches/updates will also include a scenario or two...
Old October 30, 2001, 22:42   #6
Andrew_Jay
Prince

Local Time: 12:04
No scenarios, now that sucks, though, of course, tomorrow afternoon the EB store will be short one more copy of Civ3.
Even with the great editor, you think they could have made a WWII scenario with a few special settings, etc. at least so you could open it up and see how the editor works.
Old October 31, 2001, 10:51   #7
SixArmedMan
Prince

Local Time: 11:34
No scenarios, no MP... those are the two major complaints. Other then that though... as far as I can tell, the game IS decent...

Though research just doesn't seem to add up... 30 turns at 10% or 90% science rate for writing? If I JUST could've been given a progress bar!