Old October 30, 2001, 23:43   #1
JohnT
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 11:35
Local Date: October 31, 2010
The Disclaimer.
You know, I've never read these things but for some unknown reason I decided to peruse the one on Civ3 and found some weird sh... uh, stuff. Check this out:

Quote:
Repetitive Strain Statement
CAUTION
Some people may experience fatigue or discomfort after playing for a long time. Regardless of how you feel, you should ALWAYS take a 10- to 15-minute break every hour while playing. If your hands or arms become tired or uncomfortable while playing, stop and rest. If you continue to experience soreness or discomfort during or after play, listen to the signals your body is giving you. Stop playing and consult a doctor. Failure to do so could result in long term injury.
If your hands, wrist or arms have been injured or strained in other activities, use of this Software could aggravate the condition. Before playing, consult a doctor.

Motion Sickness Statement
CAUTION
This Software generates realistic images and 3-D simulations. While playing or watching certain video images, some people may experience dizziness, motion sickness or nausea. If you or your child experience any of these symptoms, discontinue use and play again later.
Has anybody seen anything like this before? Is this standard on games, or is this just some bizarre requirement of Firaxis' and Infrogrames crack legal staff?
Old October 30, 2001, 23:58   #2
Capt Dizle
ACDG3 Gaians
King

Local Time: 10:35
CAUTION CIV3 Players!

Some people may feel discomfort after playing this game. Regardless of how you feel, you should ALWAYS take a 10- to 15-minute break every hour while playing to post your praise of Sid. If your hands or arms become tied or your head becomes uncomfortable while playing, it may be your wife's doing. If you continue to experience soreness or discomfort during or after play, listen to these signals your wife is giving you. Stop playing and consult a divorce lawyer. Failure to do so could result in long term support and alimony payments.
If your hands, wrist or arms have been injured or strained in playing other Sid Meier games, use of this Software could aggravate the wife even more than the last time. Before playing, consult your insurance agent to be certain that your coverage is uptodate.

Furthermore.....

This Software generates realistic images and 3-D simulations. While playing or watching these images, Yin26 will certainly experience nausea. If you or your child reads any of Yin26's subsequent posts please discontinue use of these forums and maybe the sonabeech will shut up.
Old October 31, 2001, 00:22   #3
RodLosAngeles
Chieftain

Local Time: 07:35
Old October 31, 2001, 00:52   #4
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 11:35
I can usually play up to 12 hours max, before I need something to drink.

aint kidding..
Old October 31, 2001, 00:59   #5
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 08:35
I believe this is just a "legality" to CYA
Old October 31, 2001, 03:46   #6
Earthling7
Mac
Prince

Local Time: 16:35
Guess they don't want some law-crazed Americans with RSI showing up wit a Sabrina in their hand.