Old October 31, 2001, 11:15   #1
aburtt
Chieftain

Local Time: 15:38
Local Date: October 31, 2010
What was this????
Let me say from the start, I like Civ III. Yeah, some things will take getting used to and there is A LOT more to learn on this one, but I think it's a great game.

Ok, here's what happened. I don't know if this is a glitch or something else, hence the post. I'm going along great. As far as the rest of the world was concerned I was a god and everyone liked me. I was making deals and keeping my word everywhere. Suddenly the other civs are canceling their trade deals and pacts. I had no idea what was up. When I went back to them to discuss this, they said that they couldn't make the deal again because of the way I treated the English. The only thing I did to the English was give them a city that I captured as a GIFT!!!

Am I missing something? Has this happened to anyone? Thanks.
Adam
Old October 31, 2001, 11:20   #2
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 18:38
Local Date: October 31, 2010
In Civ2, if you was the strongest Civ after some year(1750 IIRC) the AI became very agressive and hostile. Maybe there is something similar in Civ3 too.