Old October 31, 2001, 15:37   #1
dennis580
Warlord

Local Time: 09:39
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Brief impression on my Deity level game
First here's the settings I use. I started my first game on Deity and picked the settings that would make it the most difficult.

Huge World
First Archipelago-(Thats the one with the most small Islands)
80% ocean
Arid
3 Billion years old
Cool
Raging Barbarains
16 Civs
started with random civ
Diety.

Well things looked good at the start. My random civ ended up being the Japanesse. Even though the terrain sucked because I had a lot of tundra (because of the settings I used.) Anyway I started with a strastegic horse resource right next to me and a consumable game rsource right next to me.

Anway after connecting the horse resource to my city I was able to build a chariot. I found a village and 3 barbarian warrios pop out and 3 barbarain warriors popped out. *NOTE- (Thier are 2 different types of Barbarians passive and aggressive. All the barbarians I have met have been a aggressive. If a Barbarain has a tribla name then you know its a aggressive name. If its a generic barbarian then it is a passive barbarian.

Anway more barbarains popped up later tryed to trap by chariot at the edge of the map I was able to escape because of the chariots supior movement.

Later on a couple of more barbarians appeared. I had just built my second city by a gold deposit not to long ago and a barbarian horsemen and barbarain warrior sacked my city taking half of my total gold on the first sack and then half of my total gold again. So I was left with 25% of my gold. I also had to fight off Barbarian attacks on my captial.

Anyway in 1870 BC I am informed the Babylonians have just finished the Collosus. At this time my Capital has just grown to size 2 and my other city is at size 1 and I have finshed no improvements in either of them. Obviously I am alreay so far behind it's not worth continueing. So I am getting ready to start a another game on Diety.
Old October 31, 2001, 15:59   #2
Steve Clark
King

Local Time: 09:39
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Re: Brief impression on my Deity level game
Quote:
Originally posted by dennis580
Anyway in 1870 BC I am informed the Babylonians have just finished the Collosus. At this time my Capital has just grown to size 2 and my other city is at size 1 and I have finshed no improvements in either of them. Obviously I am alreay so far behind it's not worth continueing. So I am getting ready to start a another game on Diety.
That's funny. I'm wondering if setting the barb levels to Roaming would allow you more of a chance to get a competitive start?