Old November 1, 2001, 09:05   #1
louiswu
Settler

Local Time: 15:44
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Hello and general ass-kissing
So I needed something to do over the weekend to save a bit of money and generally lie low and so I dug out Civ2.

I hadn't played a full game for about 6 months (got into Baulders Gate II) and after a couple of aborted efforts I remembered exactly why I spent sooo many hours on it over the years.

Anyway, 2 days and virtualy no sleep later I'm at work & I think hey, I'll have a search around, see if I can find any decent scenarios and what did I discover? Civ3 is released - jesus, shows how out of the loop I've become...

Next thing I discover is this place and so, after 3 days of lurking and reading, I thought I'd post a quick one to say how impressed I am with the level of posting on this board - it's really refreshing to find such a level of enthusiasm and comittment on a message board, no b*llsh*t (well not much..) just a geniune feeling of interest for the games (maybe I've become jaded, hanging around the wrong boards for too long...)

The posts regarding the release of civ3 have been superb -intelligent, (mostly) well balanced and very informative. Unfortunatly I have to wait until the bloody 16 Nov to actually join in...

looking forward to posting my own bits & peices as & when,

lw
Old November 1, 2001, 09:19   #2
Earthling7
Mac
Prince

Local Time: 16:44
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Re: Hello and general ass-kissing
Hello.

Welcome to Apolyton and all that. Sounds like you discovered Civ3 a couple of weeks early. Oh, the wait!

Anyways, have fun