Old November 1, 2001, 09:36   #1
Sikander
King

Local Time: 08:45
Local Date: October 31, 2010
How do I get an embassy?
A quick question out there for those who have figured this one out. I got writing, and at that point in the game had found the Babylonians and the English. A pop up message came up and asked me if I wanted to establish embassies with these guys. I only had enough cash to establish an embassy with Elizabeth, and I figured that I would just wait a while to connect with Hammurabi.

A few turns later I have the requisite cash, but I can't figure out how to establish an embassy with him now from the interface. So I check the civilopedia, and find out that I can double click on his capital to get the option. Only it doesn't work at all. Nothing happens. What gives? What works?
Old November 1, 2001, 10:30   #2
Grunthex
Warlord

Local Time: 08:45
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Re: How do I get an embassy?
Quote:
Originally posted by Sikander
A quick question out there for those who have figured this one out. I got writing, and at that point in the game had found the Babylonians and the English. A pop up message came up and asked me if I wanted to establish embassies with these guys. I only had enough cash to establish an embassy with Elizabeth, and I figured that I would just wait a while to connect with Hammurabi.

A few turns later I have the requisite cash, but I can't figure out how to establish an embassy with him now from the interface. So I check the civilopedia, and find out that I can double click on his capital to get the option. Only it doesn't work at all. Nothing happens. What gives? What works?
Double-click on YOUR capital icon (The star) to establish embassies. Once they are established, double click on theirs to begin diplomacy/espionage.