Old November 1, 2001, 14:41   #1
Ballz1998
Chieftain

Local Time: 10:46
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Read the $&#^! Manual
OK, everywhere I see a good number of people complaining about things that are complicated and things that don't work right. Ever think that maybe they DO work right and you just don't know how to use them yet??? In the back of the manual is a complete list of extremely useful hotkeys. Everything that isn't in the manual is in the Civilpedia. For instance the manual doesn't tell when wonders become obsolete, the civilpedia science advisor screen clearly shows this with the wonder's icon being X'ed over.

A note on corruption... big empires deal with massive amounts of corruption, deal with it. Rome fell primarily because of corruption (i think). So don't over expand or you will find yourself with a buncha useless cities. And if you are planning to take over a large enemy city you better have plenty of cash to build those happiness improvements once you cause a food shortage trying to make everyone happy.

Use the diplomacy screen to milk the AI for everything they are worth. Many time you can get money per turn just for signing a peace treaty, or right of passage agreement. You can even renegotiate current "trades/treaties".

Just read the manual and civilpedia and alot of your gripes will go up in smoke :-)
Old November 1, 2001, 14:46   #2
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 08:46
Hmmm, well put Ballz.
Old November 1, 2001, 14:50   #3
August Borms
Prince

Local Time: 16:46
Unfortunately, the manual seems rushed too andd has alot of "bugs"
Old November 1, 2001, 14:56   #4
Nikolai
Apolyton UniversityC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 17:46
Hopefully, the bugs don't eat up the whole manual!
Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. -Isaiah 41:10
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. - Zephaniah 3:17
Get The List for cIV here!