Old November 2, 2001, 00:08   #1
tmarcl
Warlord

Local Time: 10:48
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Corruption is way too strong
I assume you've all encountered it already? You have a pretty decent sized empire, and yet half of the food and production goes to corruption-even *with* the Courthouse improvement! In my current game, I'm losing almost 150 gold per turn to corruption. Is this truly realistic? I mean is Los Angeles really corruppt because of it's distance from Washington? There has to be some other way to combat corruption-maybe bring in the police station-only have it help against corruption as opposed to war wearieness. Or maybe an FBI small wonder in addition to the Forbidden Palace.

Marc
Old November 2, 2001, 01:23   #2
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 11:48
No, its really not. You just have to 'work' to get it under control. And what I mean is: make your civ isn't a big sprawler; be sure to build the Forbidden City s.w.; keep your cities in WLTK days- this one helps a lot. And one of the best ways to keep your cities celebrating is through the luxury resources. Trade them; hoard them; monopolize them!

And don't forget your government types and the ever handy Courthouse.

But honestly- I don't find corruption to be impossible, just not a pushover.

Last edited by Sarxis; November 2, 2001 at 01:33.
Old November 2, 2001, 05:03   #3
FinnishGuy
Warlord

Local Time: 17:48
From Civ3 FAQ:

Quote:
For example, if the Greeks capture Paris, a pop 5 city, all five of those existing citizens retain their French nationality, even though new citizens that appear in the city will be Greek. These "foreign nationals" may "resist" for many game turns, depending on the cultures of the conquering civ and the conquered civ. Resisters do not generate any output and can throw your cities into revolt.
http://www.civ3.com/faq5.cfm#faqs4

I wonder, would this be the reason for extremely high corruption? You guys experiencing it happen to be playing conquest games?

(Living in Europe, I don't have Civ3 yet.)