Old November 2, 2001, 14:01   #1
Framnk
Settler

Local Time: 15:51
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Does AI suffer from corruption?
After my first 3 butt-whoppings on Warlord level, I watched the replay of the post-game. It seems that the reason the AI kept hammering me was they expanded beyond belief!!! In the same time my 8 or so cities were founded and got established, at least one AI player founded more than 20 cities!

Does the AI suffer from corruption? They certainly didn't seem to in this scenario, as they quickly advanced far beyond my tech level. If they were suffering from corruption, shouldn't their ability to advance tech have suffered, or at least not leapfrog so quickly past me in tech?

Also, they seem to have no problems in this scenario fielding units from their extended cities, while I typically have to wait 20 turns for a spearman.

Frustrated.
Old November 2, 2001, 16:06   #2
Ray K
Prince

Local Time: 10:51
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Re: Does AI suffer from corruption?
Quote:
Originally posted by Framnk
After my first 3 butt-whoppings on Warlord level, I watched the replay of the post-game. It seems that the reason the AI kept hammering me was they expanded beyond belief!!! In the same time my 8 or so cities were founded and got established, at least one AI player founded more than 20 cities!

Does the AI suffer from corruption? They certainly didn't seem to in this scenario, as they quickly advanced far beyond my tech level. If they were suffering from corruption, shouldn't their ability to advance tech have suffered, or at least not leapfrog so quickly past me in tech?

Also, they seem to have no problems in this scenario fielding units from their extended cities, while I typically have to wait 20 turns for a spearman.

Frustrated.

Questions:

1. What size map?
2. What civ were you?
3. What was the civ that beat you?
4. How many civs did you trade advances with?