Old November 2, 2001, 16:32   #1
Locus
Chieftain

Local Time: 10:52
Local Date: October 31, 2010
How many rival Civs are allowed?
I tried playing a game with all 16 civs on a huge map but suspect that there are only 8. Does anyone know what the limits are and how the limits are calculated? The manual just says pick number of rival civs "within limits." The number of rival civ slots varies with map size. Why would the huge map size allow you to select up to 16 civs if they are not all really in play? Thanks!

Last edited by Locus; November 2, 2001 at 16:49.
Old November 2, 2001, 17:02   #2
Stuie
King

Local Time: 11:52
Re: How many rival Civs are allowed?
Quote:
Originally posted by Locus
I tried playing a game with all 16 civs on a huge map but suspect that there are only 8. Does anyone know what the limits are and how the limits are calculated? The manual just says pick number of rival civs "within limits." The number of rival civ slots varies with map size. Why would the huge map size allow you to select up to 16 civs if they are not all really in play? Thanks!
Why do you think there were only eight? If you want to know for certain, retire from the game and see how many are on the Histograph. I have played three games now on a huge map with 16 civs, and they were all there.
Old November 2, 2001, 17:11   #3
Locus
Chieftain

Local Time: 10:52
Thanks! I wil try what your retire tip to see what is happening. I restarted a few time and maybe didn't set up the game the way I thought I did.
Old November 2, 2001, 18:28   #4
Bflo Jack
Settler

Local Time: 08:52
Re: How many rival Civs are allowed?
Quote:
Originally posted by Locus
I've played with all 16 civs, but couldn't talk to the second set of 8 civs on the Foreign Minister screen. Since I acquired contact with those civs from other civs, I can't see their units. Anyone know how to contact other civs without knowing where their units are?

-Jack