Old August 9, 2000, 21:55   #31
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 10:08
Local Date: October 31, 2010
quote:

Originally posted by Jonicro on 08-09-2000 03:31 PM
Oh yeah and some help would be great with one thing...If someone could collect a list of conflicts in years 45-91 and were part of cold war (Korea, Vietnam, those communist revolutions in South-America and Africa, Afganistan, ect.). I need the sides who fought and year. Thank you.

Have a look at: http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/ops/war/index.html It should have more then you need

------------------
The only thing we have to fear is fear itself
-Franklin Delano Roosevelt, March 4 1933
Old August 10, 2000, 00:03   #32
Mao
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 20:08
Local Date: October 30, 2010
How will the space race be simulated? Spaceship to AC?
Old August 10, 2000, 00:57   #33
Hendrik the Great
Prince

Local Time: 01:08
The space race could be simulated by using the Spaceship to AC feature, however, the different parts and modules would be space missions instead. Like Gemini or Soyus for example. The ultimate goal would be to place a man on the moon which would be the final step of the space race when the other missions have been done enough to gain the experience.
Alternatively one could set the building of the first space station as a goal...
Spacelab or Mir perhaps?

The different missions( the spaceship parts and modules) can only be undertaken when the necessary research has been completed and the infrastructure is available (the Apollo wonder maybe renamed and given to the Sowjets as the first manned space flight).

The game.txt and advice.txt should be amended appropiately, of course.

------------------
Mathias' Civ II Page
http://members.xoom.com/thalys/index.html
Old August 10, 2000, 11:38   #34
Jonicro
Chieftain

Local Time: 02:08
Oops looks like i have posted my last message 3 times . Now all the cities of USSR are placed. Heres the screenshot i promised: http://www.geocities.com/jonscave/cw_sample2.jpg

Mao, when you get those techs youre able to build Wonder with that name. They both increase science. Other will work like Seti Program so that is very usefull.

Case, thank you very much! . This just what i need...thanks! .

Everyone keep posting your good ideas here they have been very usefull for me .
Old August 10, 2000, 15:34   #35
Mao
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

By the time you build those wonders though, will there still be much to research?
Old August 10, 2000, 15:56   #36
jcarkey
Warlord

Local Time: 18:08
Jonicro, do you have a release date scheduled
yet?
Old August 10, 2000, 17:13   #37
BeBro
Emperor

Your screenshots look good , but would you reveal also some of the units? Or can you say something about the units included?
Old August 11, 2000, 00:49   #38
Mao
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

The map looks good...will we be getting a shot of units soon?
Old August 11, 2000, 11:37   #39
Jonicro
Chieftain

Today i finished with USSR, placed cities to South-America and Africa.

Mao, yes in the time you get those two wonders done there is still quite a much to research. Atleast 2 different versions of tanks and planes.

Btw. do you think i should also include biological and chemical weapons to scenario?

Jcarkey, no i havent scheduled release date yet...first version should be ready in few weeks.

I havent done much units yet. I have chosed graphics to tanks/planes but i think i will still change them. There are 8 different types of tanks (Normal, Advanced, Modern and Hi-Tech). Communists and Demokraties get different tanks from those technologies.

Theres also 8 different type of planes but i will redo that thing because currently it doesnt include bombers . Theres also 1 type of helicopter for both sides.

Every nation has their own infantry. Nuclear units are currently Atom Bomb, CBM, ICBM and ABM.
Old August 11, 2000, 15:18   #40
Panda
Prince

Local Time: 00:08
That map is the same one I recommended http://civilization.gamestats.com/ci...s/northhem.zip

Does anyone actually use helicopters? Probably I've never really understood how to use them properly.

------------------
"The man who can smile when things go wrong has thought of someone he can blame it on" - anon

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed" - President Eisenhower
Old August 11, 2000, 17:03   #41
jcarkey
Warlord

Local Time: 18:08
Jonicro, I don't think you should use chemichal or biological weapons. They were not in use very much. And anyways how would you simulate that? With a nuclear blast?

This is sort of off the topic. Does anybody know how to create multiple warhead nukes. I tried but wasn't succesful. Is unit killed the same as a missle attack? And is there an event that when a unit is destroyed it places a certain unit around it? Thanks for any help with this.

Jonicro, looks great. I really like cold war
SCNs.

------------------
What if the Hokey-Pokey is really what its all about?

Contact me at cpoland@mail.win.org
Old August 13, 2000, 14:53   #42
Jonicro
Chieftain

Andrew, oh its same . I found that too and loved it . Yeah i dont really use helicopters either .

Jcarkey, yes they would be simulated as nuclear blast. I have decided not to include them in scenario. And no..there isnt any possiblity to make multiple warhead nukes...what a shame..they would be really handy in my scn .

I also have bad news...i will make new topic for them.