Old November 6, 2001, 02:15   #31
Gaius Marius
Civilization IV Creators
Warlord

Local Time: 11:54
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Hey, this stuff is great. Keep the reports coming.

Hope everyone gets a chance to play...

Xerxes II for national hero!
Old November 6, 2001, 02:17   #32
Gaius Marius
Civilization IV Creators
Warlord

I'd be interested in starting up a new game - I'd be happy to get people together and set the thing up. Anyone that didn't make it into the first game interested?

-if we get one going we'll start a new thread.
Old November 6, 2001, 03:22   #33
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 18:54
Who's next? Redstar1?
Old November 6, 2001, 03:55   #34
Downer
Settler

Local Time: 15:54
i'm interested Gaius Marius

shownomercy777@hotmail.com
Old November 6, 2001, 04:27   #35
tleilaxu
Chieftain

Local Time: 23:54
i too am interested.... jmolenda@vtc.edu.hk
Old November 6, 2001, 09:24   #36
General Ludd
NationStates
Emperor

As I've already said, I'm interested... just private message me through these forums.
Old November 6, 2001, 09:26   #37
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

As Jonny said the current game is limited to 6 players. But we already have five more who are willing to participate so you can easily start another game.
Old November 6, 2001, 11:35   #38
mactbone
Prince

Local Time: 10:54
Hey, I founded two cities (one near gold might I add and the other on the coast near incense) plus I made contact wwith the Japs and the Zulus. On top of it all I researched Pottery, Alphabet, and have all of the first level techs redsearched.
-Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"
Old November 6, 2001, 13:48   #39
Gaius Marius
Civilization IV Creators
Warlord

Here's my proposal for a new game:

Large map
8 civs (7 + human)
Regent difficulty
20 turns/player, rotating (so if everyone plays 20, we'll go back to the first person)
72 hours to complete your 20 turns, or play passes to the next player.

Send me an email at richarnd@hotmail.com and we'll get things going - I'll take the first five people who send me a note. Also, include your top 3 civ choices, and we'll figure out who to play that way. Mine, btw, are:

Aztec, Russian, English (like to expand quick)

Once I get it started I will start a new thread and post a link here.
Old November 6, 2001, 20:15   #40
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

Quote:
Originally posted by Eli
Who's next? Redstar1?
Yes, redstar1 is next. He still has more than two days to play, though. I hope he doesn't get so wrapped up in the game that he plays 100's of turns!
Old November 6, 2001, 22:25   #41
Bakunine
Warlord

Just sent you am email Gaius Marius.

Hope there's still room for this civer!
Old November 6, 2001, 22:27   #42
Bakunine
Warlord

My email: luiscurado@bragatel.pt
Old November 6, 2001, 23:44   #43
dainbramaged13
Trade Wars / BlackNova Traders
King

beat ya to it, gaius.. posted...

heres the link

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=32779
Old November 7, 2001, 02:12   #44
Gaius Marius
Civilization IV Creators
Warlord

6 of us are together and have started a new game:

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=32788

Follow this thread, follow ours, follow both for maximum vicarious Civ 3 fun!:
Old November 7, 2001, 07:19   #45
redstar1
Civilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStates
Prince

Local Time: 16:54
Guys, I haven't received a file yet......

Red
Old November 7, 2001, 09:16   #46
Eli
Emperor

MacTBone attached the save game!!!
Old November 7, 2001, 10:10   #47
redstar1
Civilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStates
Prince

Ah, apologies!

Shouldn't we be mailing these instead? The Apolyton formus seem under enough stress without us downloading files all the time.....

Anyway, I'll get this fired up tonight and take my 20 turns.

Red
Old November 7, 2001, 17:20   #48
redstar1
Prince

Oops

Last edited by redstar1; November 7, 2001 at 17:40.
Old November 7, 2001, 17:31   #49
redstar1
Prince

Right. Since not much happened I'll just write a wee paragraph.

Actually absolutely nothing happened. I toyed with the idea of atacking the Zulus but decided against it. Started building the Colossus in Pasagarde but I'm expecting this to be changed when something better comes along. Explored a bit more. Rather boring turn but thats how it goes! Might be worthwhile getting a worker or 2 to start raping that jungle.....

Redstar
Old November 7, 2001, 17:37   #50
redstar1
Prince

This board stinks.

Suffice to say nothing happened, couldn't be arsed writing it out again.
Attached Files:
Old November 8, 2001, 11:37   #51
Eli
Emperor

X-->Y = X is ready, started building Y.

1375BC - Changed the Persepolis&Pasaragdae production to Workers.
1350BC - Nothing.
1325BC - Persepolis Worker-->Settler. Pasar Worker-->Worker.
1275BC - Susa Settler-->Temple.
1250BC - Decided that we have no other choice but to completely settle the jungles, a war with the Zulus now will be too expensive. We are industrial Civ so it wont be that hard to get rid of the jungle. Pasar Worker-->Settler.
Iron working from Mao in exchange for Alphabet and a bit of money. Now we can build our immortals(when we take over that mountain with Iron).
1225BC - Nothing extraordinary.
1200BC - Realized that the cities in the west are Japanese and not Zulu. Doh! They gave me writing in exchange for 1 gold(lump sum). Fine with me! Started researching Polytheism on the way to Monarchy.
1175BC - Nothing extraordinary.
1150BC - Arbela cant build a settler, damn. Too small and it doesnt grow. Changed the production to worker that will start working on the jungles near the city. Persepolis Settler-->Worker.
1125BC - Met the Babs. Alphabet for 40gold.
1100BC - Arbela Worker-->Temple.
1075BC - Bah.... 12 turns to clear one jungle tile.
1050BC - Pasar Settler-->Worker.
1025BC - Persepolis Worker-->Spearman.
1000BC - Boring.
975BC - Pasar Worker-->Colossus. Antioch founded, builds a worker.
950BC - Arbela connected with road. Temple rushed in Susa. Tarsus founded, builds a temple. This will be our Iron supplying city.
925BC - Susa Temple-->Spearman. We need the spearman to defend Tarsus, and it will take lots of time for Tarsus to build one.
900BC - The Japanese demanded 11 gold. I gave it to them because I didnt want to risk a settler who had a Japanese warrior standing near him.
875BC - One jungle square cleaned(with the help of two more workers). Starting to connect Tarsus to the road network.
850BC - Gordium founded, builds a temple. There is a warrior going to the city to defend it.
825BC - Nothing interesting.
Old November 8, 2001, 11:39   #52
Eli
Emperor

Oops, here's the savegame.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip 825bc.zip (91.7 KB, 2 views)
Old November 8, 2001, 12:51   #53
redstar1
Prince

How are we going to play this lads? I was about to post saying something that I think we should treat as a priority, but then I thought 'why? its not my turn and not my problem yet'. So what you think? We going to offer suggestions advice or leave the players to do what they think is best. Either way I'm happy but we should clear it up in case someone maybe gets offended etc

Dave
Old November 8, 2001, 14:40   #54
Eli
Emperor

I think that we should decide some big issues, like direction of expansion, whether we will be peaceful or agressive, whether we will stop to expand after we get a certain amount of cities, what wonders to build etc.

Mostly things that matter to all players while they play, since, for example, we cant just switch from peaceful style to agressive style every twenty turns we should decide now.
Old November 8, 2001, 14:54   #55
mactbone
Prince

So far it looks like noone wants a war so I say we go peaceful with a standing army. I have a feeling the Japs aren't going to like us later on (they were annoyed when I talked to them the first time) so I think it'd be wise to watch them and maybe get in good with the Babylonians. The Zulus are an unknown on how we should deal with them. I picked Babylon to be good to because they're in the same culture bracket as the Persians. Anyways, I just hope that if/when we get into a war we can use the Immrotals to good advantage.
-Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"
Old November 8, 2001, 15:06   #56
Gaius Marius
Civilization IV Creators
Warlord

Looking good, guys.

The other Succession game we started was moved to the Stories forum, if any of you want to follow it as well. Here's the link:

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=32788
Old November 9, 2001, 14:04   #57
Eli
Emperor

Bump.
Old November 9, 2001, 14:28   #58
cassembler
Prince

Local Time: 09:54
Hey sign me up for one of these... It looks fun and I'm a great storyteller.

Cassembler@yahoo.com
Old November 9, 2001, 19:19   #59
John-SJ
Alpha Centauri PBEMCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Local Time: 07:54
Quote:
Originally posted by Eli
I think that we should decide some big issues, like direction of expansion, whether we will be peaceful or agressive, whether we will stop to expand after we get a certain amount of cities, what wonders to build etc.

Mostly things that matter to all players while they play, since, for example, we cant just switch from peaceful style to agressive style every twenty turns we should decide now.
I disagree. In past succession games I have found half the fun in taking control of a kingdom from a ruler who's goals may differ from mine. It's more like real life, don't you think? If your predecessor is a war monger and you are a perfectionist builder, it's your job to make peace and build. When a new leader takes over a nation he has no control over the history of that nation, he assumes power and does the best he can.

IMHO, let each leader lead in his own style. If we want to set a goal maybe it should be for a victory type or something else equally general.

Just my thoughts...

John-SJ
Old November 9, 2001, 22:25   #60
John-SJ
Alpha Centauri PBEMCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Local Time: 07:54
800 As my first act as new ruler, I dispatched a Spearman to Gordium. Then I began construction of roads through the jungle toward some Iron deposits and Gem mines that were discovered by my predecessor.

650 So far, my reign has been quiet and peaceful. I have gone about completing infrastructure with no interference from outsiders. A few of our soldiers are dedicated to exploration but contact with other tribes is minimal.
630 Our wise men have uncovered the secrets of Polytheism which allows us to seek a new government form called The Monarchy. Our workers have built a colony near a gem mine and we are now receiving luxuries from this mine. Soon another nearby mine will be available as well.
610 Our foreign advisor has arranged meetings with all of the other tribes to see if there is interest in trading our newly discovered Polytheism for other discoveries and other forms of wealth. We came away from these meetings with 200 gold in a lump sum, 1 Gold per turn, Map Making, and world maps from across the known world.
570 This is a GREAT year! We have linked an iron deposit into our trade network so we now have a supply of iron that lies within our empire. We are now free to build immortals. These may come in handy sooner than we realize. The Chinese recently approached us and DEMANDED a world map as tribute. I agreed for now, but I don’t know how many more demands will be met so meekly. I have ordered our military men to begin training immortal units just in case.

410 My reign over this great empire has ended as it began. Peacefully. The Chinese have caused no further trouble but plans continue to begin deployment of immortal units. As of now we have 2 iron, 2 gem, and one each spice and incense. I began a road to another tribe in hopes that one day we may engage in trade with them. If my successor sees a lone worker building a road to Yokahama, treat him kindly, for one day he will be responsible for increasing our wealth greatly.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip xerxes 390 bc.zip (104.5 KB, 5 views)