Old November 10, 2001, 07:34   #61
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

Local Time: 10:54
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I'm posting this from a laptop away from my home. I won't be able to play until tomorrow afternoon (CST), but it will still be in my 72 hour limit.
Old November 12, 2001, 16:42   #62
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

Actually, just skip my turn. I'm trying to clean up from where Civ3 has ruined my life. Actually, I have too many things to do.
Old November 12, 2001, 18:45   #63
aebbeka
Civilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEM
King

Local Time: 09:54
330 BC - Our galley sunk because the captian has trouble telling the difference between shallow and deep water.
310 BC - The Bartrian tribe taught us Mathematics.
250 BC - We comepleted the Colossus.
90 BC - Monarcy is discovered. Researched started on Code of Laws. Oh my god! It's an Anarchy!
70 BC - A road to a Japanese city is completed. Unfortunately, they don't have a road connecting that city to their capitol, so no trade can be done, yet...
50 BC - Babylon demanded that we give them the Monarchy tech. I gave in. Their army greatly outnumbers us. 1 person dies in Gordium due to hunger. It was either 1 death or corruption.

Other than that, a few grainaries were built. On to MacTBone.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip xerxes of the persians, 30 bc.zip (120.2 KB, 2 views)
Old November 13, 2001, 07:11   #64
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 18:54
MacTBone, you're next.

Btw, why dont we move to email? Searching for this thread in the forums all the time is annoying.
Old November 13, 2001, 10:05   #65
Jonny

Quote:
Originally posted by Eli
MacTBone, you're next.

Btw, why dont we move to email? Searching for this thread in the forums all the time is annoying.
Well, you could bookmark the thread with your browser, I suppose. Or subscribe to this thread. Or, I guess we could move to e-mail, but it's not the most desirable option to me, because if we post it here, other people can download it and see how we are going.
Old November 13, 2001, 11:24   #66
mactbone
Prince

We could move it to Civ3 Story. Either just start posting there or have Markos or someone else move this thread there.
-Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"
Old November 13, 2001, 12:10   #67
Eli
Civ4 SP Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliC4DG VoxCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

I'll PM Markos now.
Old November 13, 2001, 13:43   #68
zapperio
Warlord

Local Time: 15:54
I don't necessarily want to get a competition going but you guys should study the '6000 years' thread. It sure gets sweet when you spice it up with some graphics and detail.

Zap
Old November 13, 2001, 21:22   #69
mactbone
Prince

Being stuck in the Jungle pits we really got screwed didn't we? Oh well.

I'm not going to write a turn by turn analysis so....
I check out the map, and decide to talk to everyone. Boy, what you can get for your world map! I got Philosophy, a lot of maps and some lump sum gold. Then I sold monarchy to the Chinese for a couple of techs, gold and maps. Then eventually I wrangled Construction out of the Japs. IMHO, we reall need to worry about the Japs, they dropped a settler in between Pasagarde and Persepolis. It'll be swallowed up by culture, but...

Not a whole lot happened when building (had to endure 4 turns of anarchy! at the beginning!), after I got out of anarchy I had construction so I had Persepolis, Pasagarde and the city right above it switch to aqueducts. Now those are done and The city above Persepolis is building the Great Lighthouse. Pasagarde is building a colloseum for two reasons, one the citizens keep revolting, two it'll help capture that stinkin' Jap city.

Gotta warn everyone, right on my last turn it said there was a barbarian uprising near Antioch. Antioch is the city waaaaay up there near the desert. So some troops are enroute to help garrison Antioch. I think almost all Barbarians are dead, but we'll see what happens.
Attached Files:
Old November 13, 2001, 21:24   #70
mactbone
Prince

Oh, BTW, we're in the Renaissance/Medieval now. Our free tech was Monotheism.
Old November 15, 2001, 20:44   #71
Jonny

Redstar1 has about 24 1/2 hours to play.

BTW, this thread has been moved to Civ3-Stories thread, if you haven't figured that out. Then again, if you didn't know that, you probably wouldn't be reading this.
Old November 15, 2001, 21:30   #72
aebbeka
King

I wondered why I couldn't find it......
Luckily I was subscribed to it and got an email when you posted!
Old November 16, 2001, 02:24   #73
Eli
Emperor

I PMed redstar1 that the thread was moved. Maybe he didnt play yet because he doesnt knows.
Old November 16, 2001, 05:50   #74
redstar1
Civilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStates
Prince

Local Time: 16:54
Ahha, this is where you went to I'll be able to play it tonight but if you don't want to wait then feel free to move on to the next player. Let me know either way.

Dave
Old November 16, 2001, 08:15   #75
Eli
Emperor

I can wait.
Old November 18, 2001, 08:55   #76
redstar1
Civilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStates
Prince

Local Time: 16:54
Best play on lads. Not at home and don't have the Civ3 cd.

Red
Old November 18, 2001, 10:38   #77
Eli
Emperor

Ok.
Old November 18, 2001, 11:45   #78
Eli
Emperor

~10 Barbarian horsemen attacked near Antioch. Surprisingly, they didnt attack the city but the colonies. Both colonies were destroyed, we lost one defending spearman and one worker. This caused disorders in the big cities, and new workers are being built now to rebuild the colonies.
I made a decision to attack the barbarian camp on the north, to avoid another surprise attack. The chinese destroyed it before my immortals came.
Seeing that we have lots of money, I decided to rush build a few workers and granaries here and there.
, I also lost our galley. But it was pretty useless anyway.
Also, the Zulus built another city in the middle of our empire... It will be harder to swallow it though.
In 410AD I demanded the Babylonians to get their forces out, but they decided to declare war. I killed their warrior with an immortal, and started a completely unplanned Golden Age.
In 420AD Persepolis started building a Cathedral, that Japanese city is annoying me.
The Babylonians founded a city near the spot where the Barb camp stood. I'm sending there two immortals.
We got Theology! Pasaragdae is building the Sistine Chapel(instead of the lighthouse), and now we're reasearching the printing press, on the way to democracy.
490AD - Adab, the Babylonian city, is conquered.

Summary:
Everything went peacefully, except the barbarian invasion and the war with the Babylonians. I was mostly busy with building stuff in cities, and removing jungles. We now have more libraries, marketplaces, colloseums etc.

Next!
Attached Files:
File Type: zip xerxes, 490ad.zip (157.3 KB, 2 views)
Old November 20, 2001, 19:45   #79
Jonny

I made a mistake.
I accidentaly played, even though it's not my turn. Could I go ahead and post, then let John-SJ play, then Aebbeka?

Please?

I feel so stupid.
Old November 21, 2001, 21:11   #80
John-SJ
Alpha Centauri PBEMCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Local Time: 07:54
Jonny,

Why don't you go ahead and post your turn now. I just this minute found out that Eli had moved, since I didn't get any e-mail I didn't know. I'll play after you this round.

John-SJ
Old November 22, 2001, 01:52   #81
Jonny

OK, here it is.

500 - King Jonny II comes to power in the midst of a golden age! He wants to have his name in the history books, but doesn't everyone?

510 - As part of his plan, Jonny II gets peace with Babylon. It does cost us 107 gold, but we have plenty and they only have 10.

520 - Jonny II orders more defense in colones. King quoted as saying "We must protect our luxuries from the impeding attack."

530 - Jonny II asks Japanese troops to leave, they say yes.

540 - Jonny II declares war on the Japanese!! He says "They have crossed our borders for the last time! I'm also conquering so I have empty land to build the rural mansion I am to retire to."

550 - Our mighty army takes the cities of Fukushimo and Hakodate.

570 - The alchemists discover printing press. They start on feudalism.

580 - We try to sign a peace treaty with the Japanese, but they murder and hang our diplomatic envoy on arrival.

590 - The Japanese cut off one of our supplies of iron.

600 - Enemy troops mass near Tarsus. Jonny II notices that there is only one spearman defending there. He asks people to "Keep Tarsus in your prayers."

610 - We discover feudalism. We begin work on chivalry.

620- Our golden age ends. We begin work on Sun Tzu's art of War in Persepolis.

630 - The enemy destroys a no longer needed colony.

640 - We capture Matsuyama. We get peace. 'The Lone Spearman of Tarsus' becomes the first book other than religious materials to be printed on a printing press.

650 - We meet the French. We trade maps and see that they are behind in tech and small.

660 - Jonny II's expansion scheme continues when New Zimbabwe becomes part of our Civ.

670 - The sistine chapel is completed.

680 - Jonny II begins the National Barracks Campaign to make it easier to upgrade soldiers.

690- We discover chivalry. Start work on republic. Jonny II retires to his mansion near New Zimbabwe after 200 glorious years.
Attached Files:
Old November 22, 2001, 14:46   #82
zapperio
Warlord

Local Time: 15:54
Quote:
Originally posted by Jonny
640 - We capture Matsuyama. We get peace. 'The Lone Spearman of Tarsus' becomes the first book other than religious materials to be printed on a printing press.

Zap
Old November 24, 2001, 19:09   #83
Jonny

Well, John has 7 hours to post. I hope he knows that it is his turn and that I have posted.
Old November 25, 2001, 11:20   #84
John-SJ
Alpha Centauri PBEMCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Local Time: 07:54
Yeah, I knew it was my turn, but with the holiday, long weekend, company, etc. I just forgot. Oh well, I'll catch my turn next time around...

edit: Eli, sorry, I inadvertantly pressed the "deny receipt" button on the pm you sent.

John-SJ
Old November 26, 2001, 19:17   #85
aebbeka
King

I guess that makes it my turn.

700 AD - We acquire Republic from the Zulu
730 AD - Culture causes Persepolis' borders to expand and the people love me.
750 AD - Our puny city of Matsuyama has turned over to the Japanese due to cultural influence. Drat the luck!
760 AD - The Japanese yell at me because I have troops near THEIR city of Matsuyama. Well sor-ry!
770 AD - The Japanese flip out because that one unit can't leave fast enough. They threaten war if it isn't moved. I notice an army of 6 military units (mostly swordsman) and 3 settlers approaching. Also Fukushima has fallen under Japanese control also due to culture. The kicker is that this one isn't even bordering Japan. It's in the middle of our empire!

That is it! I've only done 8 turns and have had nothing but bad happen. Whoever is next, it's your problem now.
Attached Files:
Old November 27, 2001, 06:31   #86
Eli
Emperor

MacTBone is next.
Old November 27, 2001, 22:09   #87
mactbone
Prince

Well, I discovered the Indians and English through the French. Then I started a war with Japan because they were pissing me off. We captured two cities and got Babylon involved then sued the Japanese for peace and 20 gold a turn. Now the Japanese are getting their arses kicked by the Babylons. Stupid Japanese completed the Art of War before did. No one wants to trade Education away! We've got a fair amount of Immortals and several Knights are in production. We also have pikemen in almost every city now.
Attached Files:
Old December 1, 2001, 23:44   #88
Jonny

Redstar1's time has expired. It is now Eli's turn.
Old December 2, 2001, 09:49   #89
Eli
Emperor

Sorry guys, but I'll have to skip my turn for this time. No time.
Old December 2, 2001, 14:41   #90
Jonny

It's now John-SJ's turn. (Not mine! )