Old November 3, 2001, 05:12   #1
GizmoToy
Settler

Local Time: 15:54
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Oh no, I'm new :-(
Hey guys,
I just got Civ 3 a few days ago and I've basically shunned all of my other duties and prior engagements to play this game as much as possible. Very addicting. I had not played any of the previous Civ games (I know, I know...), so I'm at a little bit of a disadvantage here. To put it lightly, Im getting the crap kicked out of me. I can barely make it to Republic without all the civs around me teaming up and taking my cities. Anyone have any tips I can use to try to get a little farther along?

The problem always seems to be that I'm crushing all the other Civs in culture, but my Power and Score are always well below theirs... any idea what Im doing wrong?
Old November 3, 2001, 10:51   #2
albiedamned
Rise of Nations Multiplayer
Prince

Local Time: 10:54
Can you provide a little more info as to what is going on in your game? In general, I would say try to epand a little faster, make sure to build roads on every square you work (to increase commerce and to connect luxuries), research writing and make some early trades with your neighbors to get on their get side, and of course, build some defensive units!

Edit - I mean get on their "good" side. What's a "get" side?

Last edited by albiedamned; November 3, 2001 at 11:14.
Old November 3, 2001, 10:58   #3
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 11:54
It does sound like your armies might be slim. Dont' be afraid to build armies, as long as you can support them reasonably. You'd be surprised how big the AI builds its armies sometimes.

There are also some things that aren't stated, or aren't correct, in the manual. So if you need some help, give me a yell.

koba@home.com
Old November 3, 2001, 15:26   #4
GizmoToy
Settler

Local Time: 15:54
Well I tried what you guys said, and I just kept building my army beyond what I figured would be necessary. And what would ya know, I've gotten so much further than I have before. Not only that, but when your army is bigger or equal to everyone elses, it appears that they don't decide to declare war on you every 1/2 hour

Now if I could just get the hang of taking over other Civs by force , hehe