Old November 3, 2001, 08:14   #1
Gintautas
Settler

Local Time: 15:55
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Who said AI doesn't cheat on prince??
I think AI cheats for HIMSELF even on chieftain. I'm not 100% sure about this because I play on prince difficulty only.

I opened embassy in German civ..
The capital is size 2 and should grow in 4 turn, BUT the settler will be produced next turn. As far as I know 2 - 2 = 0 so the city must disapear after the settler is build. Guess what, by now Germans are one of the most powerful nations with capital Berlin (size 8 - 12, not sure exactly) in the SAME place.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	aicheats.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	5245  
Old November 3, 2001, 08:28   #2
Grunthex
Warlord

Local Time: 08:55
Um, have you ever disbanded one of your own cities? Assuming it works the same for the AI, the city WILL NOT disband if you have a food surplus. The production will sit there, until the city is size 3, THEN the settler will pop out, reducing it to 1.

If you want to disband the city, you must make sure food growth is 0 or -ve.
Old November 3, 2001, 10:29   #3
Mike4879
Chieftain

Local Time: 15:55
I don't know about this but the way the AI builds cities in this game is insane... i was able to catch up once in one game but i got lucky, where the other civs slowed down i just had 20 cities at one point all building settler units.
Old November 3, 2001, 11:54   #4
Dan Magaha FIRAXIS
Firaxis Games

Local Time: 10:55
Re: Who said AI doesn't cheat on prince??
Quote:
Originally posted by Gintautas
I think AI cheats for HIMSELF even on chieftain. I'm not 100% sure about this because I play on prince difficulty only.

I opened embassy in German civ..
The capital is size 2 and should grow in 4 turn, BUT the settler will be produced next turn. As far as I know 2 - 2 = 0 so the city must disapear after the settler is build. Guess what, by now Germans are one of the most powerful nations with capital Berlin (size 8 - 12, not sure exactly) in the SAME place.
I don't know how the AI handles it, but if you have a pop 2 city and try to build a settler, the game should ask you if you want to build the settler and disband the city or wait until there is another pop point to build the settler. If you choose the second option, your building queue will say "settler - 1turn" and your shields will be filled, but the game won't produce that settler until you've got enough pop to build it without disbanding the city.

It's entirely possible this is what the AI is doing, queueing up settlers and as soon as a city is pop 3, producing them. If you happen to spy on them at a given time, it's very likely the settler is "done" but can't be produced until another point of pop is there.

Dan
Old November 3, 2001, 12:04   #5
Jeje2
Prince

Local Time: 17:55
Re: Re: Who said AI doesn't cheat on prince??
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Magaha FIRAXIS
It's entirely possible this is what the AI is doing, queueing up settlers and as soon as a city is pop 3, producing them. If you happen to spy on them at a given time, it's very likely the settler is "done" but can't be produced until another point of pop is there.
Thx for the info Dan.

One more question, since I don't have the game jet.
Can you produce something else meanwhile, or will the citys production be lost while you wait for a new settler?