Old February 2, 2002, 15:35   #151
Signa
Warlord

Local Time: 09:55
Local Date: October 31, 2010
My grandfather wont stop talking about WWII, so I hear 12/7/41 what seems like every day.
Old March 10, 2002, 07:16   #152
LoD
Prince

Local Time: 16:55
Wernazuma III: For the record, we (the CivGuild) have recently released a Polish mod for CivIII, complete with graphics for the special unit (Hussar) and for the leader (the latter not being the final version yet). Of course, we didn't dare to name a part of the EXTRACIVS project yet, as it has not been autorized as such by our maginificent project leader, namely you .

Anyway, the file is downloadable here. However, I would advise you to hold with the downloading until this evening (GMT) when version 0.6 will come out .
Old March 13, 2002, 12:38   #153
dunk
Prince

Local Time: 11:55
Oopsy daisy... double post.
Old March 13, 2002, 12:39   #154
dunk
Prince

Local Time: 11:55
Someone posted a text file with the list and all the characteristics of potential new civs. This was a while ago.

Can someone do that now?

I'm just joining in on this discussion, and I want to see where the thing stands before I make any comments?
Old March 15, 2002, 20:19   #155
Wernazuma III
Spanish CiversCivilization III PBEMNationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 17:55
LoD: Sorry, I'm not too often here in the last few weeks as I face ongoing problems with lacking Internet access at home (don't even have the new patch )... NTL that's great news and I'll download your file ASAP. It's great to see at least one unit and leader done!

dunk: Better read the "Expansion Pack parts 1-n" to see how far we have come. Most things are fix already, we only have problems with graphics...
Old April 13, 2002, 04:58   #156
Centauri18
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Prince

Local Time: 08:55
Why not the Israelis/Israelites or something? They have the Babylonians and the Persians, and civilizations that all got wiped out by Rome and Greece and... what have you... Speaking of which, why not the Arabs or some kind of Muslim civilization? You could set up a kind of Crusades scenario if you wanted or something. I mean it's cool fighting the Indians as the Persians, and kind of funny (since modern-day Persia is Pakistan and the other Arab countries) but maybe we could have something a little more recent. Okay, it's given that the Muslim civilizations (and the Muslim faith itself) are strictly post-B.C. occurences, but then America isn't even 250 years old yet. Also, why only the Aztecs and the Iroquois? I think combining at least some of them is a good idea. Maybe combining them based on geographical location.
Old April 16, 2002, 02:29   #157
Theodrik
Chieftain

Local Time: 07:55
new opponent civs
A slot left open for player customization is a must. How to figure the UU's, pics, etc. will need to figured out by you more skilled types. How about this for an idea: A HUGE pool of civs, more than slots. Some are 'greater' civs; Rome, China, Persia, others minors; Scots, Polynesian, Aboringine. Start with majors, minors show sporaticly, as barbarian huts get bigger, capture cities, civil wars occur, etc. Just some ideas to bounce fellows. The more options, the less chance of repeats. And sliding the unit point scale by ten allows for far more room for minor differances. If the hard coding will allow it, that is.
Old April 24, 2002, 12:55   #158
JamesJKirk
Civilization II PBEM
King

Local Time: 07:55
Quote:
(since modern-day Persia is Pakistan and the other Arab countries)
ahem, modern day Persia is Iran, a non-Arab Muslim country (BTW Pakistan is also not Arab), And it doesn't matter what the civs are in the pack for scenarios, as authors can still rename civs to whatever they want and sub their own leaderheads and units