Old August 22, 2000, 11:47   #1
shmily_dana
Warlord

Local Time: 00:09
Local Date: October 31, 2010
general scenario question
I have tried some of the scenarios that are available at variuous sites. I have been playing them at the level I play regular Civ II. (Prince) (Yes.. I confess)

I notice that in the "events.txt" file of many scenario. The AI gets units in certain conditions. If the human kills an AI unit, the AI gets free units or if the AI kills a human unit, the AI gets a unit. My question is that if I play at a low difficulty level and so my troops are more likely to survive a combat situation then at higher level, does that ruin the scenario? It might actually be harder in the case where units are created when the human kills an AI. (More kills = more free AI units) or easier when the AI gets units for killing defenders (AI kills less human units = less free AI units)

Old August 23, 2000, 00:02   #2
Markus The Mighty
NationStates
Chieftain

Local Time: 01:09
Probably.
See, if the killing of a unit which triggers the creation of another, it doesn't matter how many combats your units survive, because ANY time they win, a new unit is created.
Which means: On a higher difficulty level, there are fewer units created, but as your units have a worse chance to survive, it's still balanced...
or at least should be...

------------------
"Am Anfang war das Wort" - J.W. Goethe, "Faust"

"So they've learned from me" - Napoleon
Bonaparte, during the Battle of Leipzig
Old August 23, 2000, 22:57   #3
Kitana
Chieftain

Local Time: 00:09
I can see why a designer would integrate that into their scenario, to increase difficulty but the AI already does things like that. The AI has been known to produce units from out of thin air. If your units aren't veteran units then at least you are likely to get veteran units.

------------------
Kitana
Shogun of the Japanese