Old November 4, 2001, 03:33   #1
TechWins
King

Local Time: 09:00
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Who Here...
Who here has either burned a copy of the game or downloaded a copy of the game. I have tried burning a copy of the game, but I have three coasters instead of a burnt copy. Has anybody succesfully burnt a copy yet? Firaxis might have put copying-protection code on the CD, which sucks. If you have downloaded the game could you provide a link to the site? If you don't want to directly put the link up for everybody to see, just PM the link. Thank you, (again I have already bought the game) ahead of time.
However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.
Old November 4, 2001, 04:27   #2
Alex 14
Prince

Local Time: 02:00
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Try Morpheus and MyNapster, be careful as IPS's are sometimes monitoring you and may disconect your internet. Also why are you trying to download it?
Old November 4, 2001, 04:31   #3
Simpleton
Prince

Yah! Why download it. Pirating games sucks man.
Old November 4, 2001, 04:47   #4
Alex 14
Prince

Local Time: 02:00
I know, i could download it but i'd rather wait for it to come out. I'm pretty sure Techwins already has the game, thats why i asked him why he wanted to download it.
Old November 4, 2001, 04:53   #5
TechWins
King

I'm trying to burn the game for my brother but I can't. So has anybody been able to burn a copy? About the downloading it, I was just curious that's all. Morpheus only has Civ2 available, btw.
However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.
Old November 5, 2001, 02:18   #6
TechWins
King

Has somebody here been able to burn a copy of the game yet or not?
Old November 5, 2001, 02:21   #7
orange
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 11:00
Personally, I'd like to be able to burn a back up copy for myself...just incase the original gets scratched. (Did the same with Civ2, and actually ended up having to use it) I don't think it's possible, though with Civ 3

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui
Old November 5, 2001, 02:54   #8
CygnusZ
Warlord

Local Time: 16:00
Try using CloneCD, it can normally crack through all those stupid protection schemes.
Old November 5, 2001, 02:54   #9
Roulette
Settler

I burned a working copy for a backup (mostly for the challenge being put up here). It's possible with the correct burning software, but honestly, it's better to just buy the game. $49 and it's worth every penny. Hell, so far I've put enough hours into it that if I averaged it out, I'd probably only be paying $1/hour. By the time I'm done with this game, it'll probably be far less than that.
Old November 5, 2001, 03:12   #10
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

Local Time: 12:00
Uh.. you should know the Adminstration frowns on this.

Expect this thread to be closed soon.
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old November 5, 2001, 03:22   #11
tleilaxu
Chieftain

Local Time: 00:00
it's definitely possible as civ 3 was for sale all over Hong Kong for $2.50 American on the morning of Oct. 31st (which would be the night of the 30th in the states)
Old November 5, 2001, 03:45   #12
TechWins
King

Quote:
By the time I'm done with this game, it'll probably be far less than that.
Same here but for my brother it's not worth it for him to buy it. He won't be able to play it much for a while, so spending $50 is a rip off. Plus, as orange pointed out, I'd like a backup copy for myself (which would be my brother's copy). I guess he'll just have to only play it when I come over to his house.

Quote:
Expect this thread to be closed soon.
Sure.
Old November 5, 2001, 10:05   #13
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Yes... this thread is being closed. Apolyton does not condone or encourage illegal acts. If you want the game... go buy it.