Old November 4, 2001, 21:41   #1
FrantzX
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Warlord

Local Time: 11:04
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Basic CivIII tips
Unlike CivII, war MEANS war. You will not one turn find out that you have been ar war with for the pass 50+ turns. The AI will hit you hard and soon after war is declared.

Once you are at a state of war, the Powell Doctrine is your Bible. If you don't use overwhelwing force, your troops are going to get slaughtered. If you know that four enemy units are in that town, don't attack with less that six. Plus, bring a few more. You gonna need them just to keep the town.

In Civ II, you only needed a few units in each town to keep them well protected. Try that in CivIII and you're gonna get it, HARD. The AI can smell weakness. If it can kick your ass, it will and there is a good chance it will bring some friends. Nothing sucks more that being gangbanged.

Keep artilery in all cities. If anytries to attack, cannon and the like will auto-attack. In CivIII every little bit of damage helps alot. That being said. guard your artiliery well protected. The AI can and will used them against your if they can.
Old November 4, 2001, 23:35   #2
Grandpa Troll
supporter
PolyCast TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
Immortal Factotum

Local Time: 12:04
I agree my friend, I am the Chinese, I was #2 and Japan was #1 and we got into a peeing contest, so I decided to "acquire" a few cities, and I took 2, but, I mean BIG BUTT.. ..the AI is not so slow as in other previous versions of CIV or CTP, this AI means business, he attacked and attacked.. and attacked some more, multiple samaurai and archer attacks.. ..but too no avail..he was absolutely relentless ..my suggestion is to avoid war, unless you got a super big army

Yours in Civin

Troll
Old November 5, 2001, 01:14   #3
Diety
Chieftain

Local Time: 17:04
Not only does he fight extremely hard, he also uses diplomacy against you in a way that most players can learn about !
They did a great job there