Old November 4, 2001, 22:07   #1
Sratava
Settler

Local Time: 11:05
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Culture and Trading Destroy Improvements?
I've noticed, and it really bugs me, that when you assimilate another civilization's town into your's, or you get it through a trade, all improvements are gone! (Except for a Granary if you have the Pyramids, etc.).

I think this is a little dumb because...why would the improvements be destroyed? Even if the 'citizens rise up and overthrow', they wouldn't raze their own town.

I hope Firaxis fixes this, as well as the ability to choose your color before a game, and many things with the editor that have been listed countless times before.

Thanks.
Old November 4, 2001, 22:27   #2
ElitePersian
Prince

Local Time: 16:05
I havent noticed this in my game, im gonna check it out, but it would really be stupid if this was the case.
There's no reason for ppl to destroy the buildings.
Old November 5, 2001, 01:48   #3
Chuckles
King

Local Time: 08:05
Most I've the cities I've taken are small and came with nothing. But I took Tours once and it had a aquaduct and barracks, but no temple or anything. Kind of like some of the larger cities you take with military units. So I am wondering if when ever you take a city all culture creating city improvements are destroyed.
Old November 5, 2001, 01:55   #4
freezuch
Chieftain

the tail improvements are not changing, but all the buildings that represent the culture are being destroyed as ppl desided to change the culture(logical i think).
Old November 5, 2001, 02:03   #5
EnderSword
Settler

Local Time: 12:05
Improvements being destroyed is pretty stupid...especailly concidering the corruption model. If You capture a city across the world it will NEVER be useful to you as anything but a population builder.
It may make sense that the culture changes and so the buildings do too, but not really. We might put new books in thel ibrary, but we wouldn't burn it to the ground, destroy the hospital and nuke the Local Bank. Those sorts of structures should definatly stay, atleast half of them
Old November 5, 2001, 04:33   #6
ElitePersian
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by freezuch
the tail improvements are not changing, but all the buildings that represent the culture are being destroyed as ppl desided to change the culture(logical i think).
yeah thats kinda logical, but doesnt mean that they would burn it to the ground.
Old November 5, 2001, 04:41   #7
cort
Warlord

Local Time: 18:05
Re: Culture and Trading Destroy Improvements?
Quote:
Originally posted by Sratava
I've noticed, and it really bugs me, that when you assimilate another civilization's town into your's, or you get it through a trade, all improvements are gone! (Except for a Granary if you have the Pyramids, etc.).

I think this is a little dumb because...why would the improvements be destroyed? Even if the 'citizens rise up and overthrow', they wouldn't raze their own town.

I hope Firaxis fixes this, as well as the ability to choose your color before a game, and many things with the editor that have been listed countless times before.

Thanks.
well, I beleive this is implemented on purpose.. to keep the AI in the competition..