Old November 4, 2001, 22:58   #1
Ninot
PtWDG RoleplayC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 11:05
Local Date: October 31, 2010
the Confuzing Japanese (liars)
Ok, so im playing the romans again, but i am kicking some but in the Ancient era.

Early Legions... became a Republic at 500BC, and Im kicking arse in culture. But Japan is getting annoying, setting up towns right next to my borders. So i decide to suggest to them NOT to do that, and do the same to them, using culture to almost completely take Tokyo away from'em. But they still arent getting it. So, i try to invade another small city, starting a war.

Japan and I fight a back and forth battle, taking and losing each others towns, and making no gains whatsoever in the process. We hammer out a mutually beneficial peace treaty after dragging Egypt and India into the mix.

After the Japan war, im fighting Egypt, losing a town to them, gaining it back, and then threatening to smash them unless they decide to stop sending warriors over.

Now, im all peacefull with everyone, but India, who ive decided to stay peacefull with no matter what, is at war with the Chinese, Japanese, and Egyptians. The Chinese and Egyptians pose no threat at all, the egyptians still in the ancient era, everyone esle in the middle ages.

I give India a right of passage through my land, all the technology I have, and 10 gold per turn. With this help, it fends off the now mighty Japanese, and makes pitiful foes of the Egyptians and Chinese. There is a small time of peace in the war, and the horsemen of Japan that I barely had a chance to meet with my own legions, start coming across my grasslands as if there was no tommorow.

20 horsemen in my borders( with no rights of passage), and a city set up right next to my capital (well. it was area outside of my borders, but right along side Rome's borders), Japan is getting to anoy me. HOWEVER, my main source of Iron has run out, and i only have 20 legions to depend on (most not tested in battle, and with less hp on average than the horsemen.)

Now, i don't know how bad the AI can lie and mislead, but Japan is claiming they aren't worthy of my presence. They are just one turns movement away from my capitol, and they are bowing at my feet. Am i going nuts. Games not over yet tho. And i still have two sources of iron in my borders that i havent tapped yet, so i can start pumping legions out again. Ill update if it turns out well.
Old November 5, 2001, 01:06   #2
orange
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 11:05
Local Date: October 31, 2010
in my last game, the Japs did the same thing.

We're not worthy we're not worthy..

and then they joined a military alliance with another civ and sent in tons of archers and warriors as if they had been stockpiling outside my borders, waiting for a reason to use them.

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui