Old November 6, 2001, 09:16   #1
Izer
Settler

Local Time: 17:11
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Forbidden palace hint
A lot of people have been *****ing that it is nearly impossible to build the forbidden palace where it is most needed since it cannot be rushed.
Heres a hint. *Do not build it where it is most needed. Build it in your capital instead.*
Then you simply rush a regular palace in the middle of your most corrupt cities. The end result is the same except that you do not have a very expensive wonder in a exposed city on the edge of your empire..
Old November 6, 2001, 09:19   #2
Dida
Prince

Local Time: 16:11
the sort city feature does not even work. We need to spend some time figuring out which city is the most corrupted.

Artistic and hand-made ceramics found only at www.forgiftable.com.
Old November 6, 2001, 09:48   #3
sgsmitty
Settler

The domestic advisor screen will tell you in one of the columns which cities are the most corrupted.
Old November 7, 2001, 00:48   #4
Master Marcus
Prince

Local Time: 11:11
Re: Forbidden palace hint
Quote:
Originally posted by Izer
Then you simply rush a regular palace in the middle of your most corrupt cities. The end result is the same except that you do not have a very expensive wonder in a exposed city on the edge of your empire..
Sorry, you CAN'T rush the regular Palace - it's considered like a wonder. I tried, and you can't rush it. On a normal map, don't wait to build the second in a too distant city where you'll always be stucked to 1 shield (300 turns). Choose a good city in the "middle onion-layer" , the farther possible from your capital and producing more than 1 shield, at a constant WLTKD. If you're a peaceful builder, you can wait to rush the Factory before- and why not hydro plant ( Hoover Dam), thus having the Forbidden Palace only at the end of Industrial/beginning Modern. You don't really need it to win at Regent so far.
Old November 7, 2001, 01:01   #5
dexters
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Actually, What I find useful is to build a small compact empire. Buld your forbidden palace where you can finish it the fastest, usually a city close to your capital.

This should have a good impact when it is built as it reduces corruption on your big cities (the one you built earliest) and give you big returns.

As your expanding, you're younger cities will begin to grow, and simply move your capital there to get better coverage. Move it again if your empire really starts growing outwards .
Old November 7, 2001, 01:22   #6
smellymummy
King

Local Time: 08:11
in the games I've played, the only times I would need to build the forbiden palace, was when I had to lower corruption in a newly conquered area. When it's just regular settling, there is a point where you just have to stop, and it's usually not to bad for corruption.

Taking this in light, before fixing corruption in the new lands conquered, I would first move my palace to the best point (in the first area settled) to reduce corruption in my main pack of cities.

Thereafter I would find the best spot to build the forbidden palace in the conquered cities... now the problem is the lenght of time to build.

Easy solution -> use you're elite units wisely so you have a spare great leader to boost that production.

it's that simple
Old November 7, 2001, 14:38   #7
Master Marcus
Prince

On standard map, a very distant city will always be stucked to 1 shield and the only way I know so far to have 2 productive shields ( again in a very distant city ) is the Factory+hydro plant combo, thus you can reasonably make a Forbidden Palace there with a great Leader, but at the end of Industrial era only if the player doesn't want to move its original Palace.
Old November 7, 2001, 14:54   #8
Libertarian
King

Selecting a commercial civ also helps ease corruption.
Old November 7, 2001, 14:55   #9
Kc7mxo
King

Quote:
Easy solution -> use you're elite units wisely so you have a spare great leader to boost that production.
Definetly. Don't bother using the things to make an army, as army's have, at least in my expierence, provent ot bet less useful than the three units by themseles would have been.
Old November 7, 2001, 15:11   #10
Libertarian
King

Selecting a commercial civ also helps ease corruption.
Old November 7, 2001, 15:20   #11
eMarkM
Warlord

Ideally, you want to build FP in middle of a bunch of far off cities that are producing that one token shield and losing everything else to corruption. This is most likely going to be in conquered enemy territory. Build FP in capitol of conquered enemy. Capitol is usually largest, most centralized city in the area. No corruption in city where FP is built and its effects will have a wider effect. You must have a Leader ready for this, otherwise you'll be waiting a long time for completion. As someone else pointed out, an army is not such a big thing. I can't think of a better use for a Leader than rush building FP in middle of conquered territory where every city is producing 1 shield. The effects are tremendous.

DON'T build FP within your own empire, unless you're strictly peaceful and have no plans on conquering enemy territory. That's a big waste. Save it for a civ you're planning to destroy and hopefully in the process of genocide, you'll produce a leader. I've had a 50 city, far flung empire where the worst city had 50% corruption by doing this.

e
Old November 9, 2001, 15:13   #12
Master Marcus
Prince

And without a Leader ( and I had a lot of Elite units engaged in victorious combats ), what do you do?? I had my first Leader only in the 1800's and my Forbidden Palace already built of course, within my empire with the same benefits as the regular Palace. In some games I think you have to tilt the chances on when and where to build it, and depending of leader(s) appearance(s) I doubt the player can keep the very same strategy constantly.