Old November 6, 2001, 10:34   #1
TheDarkside
Civilization IV Creators
Prince

Local Time: 12:12
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Bug report & gameplay question:
Ok first the bug. Not sur eif its been mentioned yet, but the foreign advisor seems to be buggy and ineffecient. First of all, I played with 12 civs and there is only 8 spots for leader potraits where you can get visual displays of trade agreements/wars/peace etc... Then 2 of those 8 civs got wiped out, and instead of replacing their spot in the foreign minister with another civ, its instead an empty spot, but you can still select and double click that spot- its a duplicate link to a civ already on the foreign advisor screen. So the bug here is that the potraits either arent being replaced or are not being emptied properly.

And my gameplay question is- how do you cancel agreements? Lets say I like France and want to help them in their war, so I give them Iron under no condition- It says I can cancel peacefully after 20 turns. Well, 20 turns later- how do I cancel that agreement? It seems only the AI is allowed to come up with cancelling.

And there really should be better support for >8 civs in terms of finding out who's at war with who and all the current political agreements going on.
Old November 7, 2001, 00:30   #2
TheDarkside
Civilization IV Creators
Prince

Local Time: 12:12
bump: i hope firaxis sees this.
Old November 7, 2001, 01:02   #3
open air
Settler

Local Time: 16:12
that bugged me too... you can have what 16 civs in the game? but only really talk to 8 of those???

and to break treaties.. when give them an offer there's a "new offer" or something, and an "existing" button near the buttom... above the choices for what you say.. it allows you to change/cancel old deals..
Old November 7, 2001, 01:15   #4
Auslander
Chieftain

Local Time: 11:12
Re: Bug report & gameplay question:
Quote:
Originally posted by TheDarkside
Ok first the bug. Not sur eif its been mentioned yet, but the foreign advisor seems to be buggy and ineffecient. First of all, I played with 12 civs and there is only 8 spots for leader potraits where you can get visual displays of trade agreements/wars/peace etc... Then 2 of those 8 civs got wiped out, and instead of replacing their spot in the foreign minister with another civ, its instead an empty spot, but you can still
Shift-Right Click allows you to change who is in the portrait.