Old November 6, 2001, 19:11   #1
Shiva
Prince

Local Time: 10:13
Local Date: October 31, 2010
First tech
Ok, at the start of the game you dont have enough reaserch to get your first tech faster than the 32 turn cap ( 9 or more civs in game). So what would you go after for as the Persians?

You start with Bronze and Masonry. I was normally going for ceremonial burial for the temple but I stated thinking about the 32 turn cap.

Ceremonial base cost is 2
Iron working base is 6
Alphabet is 5
Wheel is 4

All of these will take 32 turns if you research them right off the bat. Iron and Alpha will still take a fair amount of time if they are researched second because of the higher cost. But Ceremonial wont take that long so doesnt it make sense to take the highest costing tech as your first because of the cap?
The eagle soars and flies in peace and casts its shadow wide Across the land, across the seas, across the far-flung skies. The foolish think the eagle weak, and easy to bring to heel. The eagle's wings are silken, but its claws are made of steel. So be warned, you would-be hunters, attack it and you die, For the eagle stands for freedom, and that will always fly.

Darkness makes the sunlight so bright that our eyes blur with tears. Challenges remind us that we are capable of great things. Misery sharpens the edges of our joy. Life is hard. It is supposed to be.
Old November 6, 2001, 19:18   #2
GreekyGoodness
Settler

Local Time: 10:13
I think it should depend on your strategy. I always go for ceremonial so I can start building temples right away and expand my borders around my cities faster. But if you don't have any neighbors, then I say go for wheel or iron so you can see where those resources are and build to get them quickly. Just my 2 pennies.
Old November 6, 2001, 19:35   #3
Barry Brenesal
Chieftain

Local Time: 16:13
Go for whatever techs suit your short and longterm goals. I prefer the Great Library, which means Alphabet/Writing/Literature, because you just *know* some of those AIs are going to exchange techs behind your back. I want the certainty that comes with being able to divert tech funding into other areas, without falling behind.