Old October 21, 2000, 23:42   #1
Seeker
Emperor

Local Time: 19:11
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Factory .gif's?
I want to make some units that are buildings, like factory, armoured factory, ect. Right now I am just copying buildings from the modern and industrial city pictures, but I don't like them very much.

Does anyone have a units.gif with buildings in it? (particularly WW two era factories).

I am toying with a scenario like this: two sides in democracy, no other governments available except despotism and anarchy. Financially, they are balanced so that the loss of a few cathedrals will collapse the government (only despotism is available). The only units available are: air units, air defences, and buildings. Events.txt is altered so that money is lost every time a building is killed (factory)and they can't be disbanded. Some buildings appear randomly in cities. Democracy is altered to support more units. Victory is achieved through paratroopers and gliders (helicopter-like attack).

I am still thinking of where/when to set this, and on which map.

I am considering: Crete 1941, Battle of Britain 1940-41, 8th Air Force over Germany 1943-45, Japan 1945.

Buildings I'd like: railway depot, large bridge, small factory, large factory, armoured factory, appartment block, radar station. The buildings would have high defenses but 0 attack, and bombers would have bonus versus 0 attack units so that you have to soften up cities with bombardment before attack.
Old October 22, 2000, 19:07   #2
Frank Johnson
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 18:11
I've seen something similar done in a world war 2 scenario before, heh, I must have 5 or 6 on my HD. Anyway, the units bmp had serveral buildings, like a runway with hangers, various factories and depots and stuff. Germany lost money every time it lost one of these buildings, while the allies lose money everytime they lost a transport, the transports appeared on the edge of the map and if they made it to england you could disband them for alot of sheilds.

But the thing is, the 2 democracies would not accurately respresent the conflict of WW2 at all, the allies were so fired up, they wouldn't revolt if a few churches went up in flames, and the Germans.....well that ain't a democracy my friends.

Anyway drop me a line and Ill zip these to you by icq or email.......
Old October 31, 2000, 15:13   #3
Dr_Strangelove

I have several that I used as cities.gif... I'll mail them soon. E-mail in profile?

Old November 1, 2000, 09:46   #4
Seeker
Emperor

Yes please! (e-mail at alrawn@yahoo.com puh-lease)
Old November 3, 2000, 14:25   #5
Dr_Strangelove

I'm compiling them at the moment... first thing in your mailbox on Monday, sorry about the delay.

Old November 4, 2000, 21:54   #6
Panda
Prince

Local Time: 00:11
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Sorry Seeker, I should have done this sooner.

The first three are from Jon Petroski's Der Anstieg und der Fall des dritten Reich scenario. The graphics are by Dan Meadow. The next three are from Erin T. Ryan's Operation Allied Force scenario. Graphics are by Erin T. Ryan (ETR).

Hope these are useful.

------------------
The Historical Civ2 Site
http://members.nbci.com/HistCiv2/index.htm

"The man who can smile when things go wrong has thought of someone he can blame it on" - anon

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed" - President Eisenhower
Old November 7, 2000, 08:46   #7
Dr_Strangelove

Did you get them?

Old November 7, 2000, 11:40   #8
Seeker
Emperor

Yep. Thanks! Although the giant hamburger probably won't be used, I like the refinery type building a lot.
Old November 8, 2000, 15:58   #9
Dr_Strangelove

Ah, thank God... I didn't have much time to do a serious compilation, I just sent all the ones with factory looking buildings on them... although I did send you that one for the burger...

Old November 8, 2000, 16:06   #10
Prometeus
Spanish Civers
King

Local Time: 01:11
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Try St Leo Railroad & Transport Tycoon Total Conversion... It's on Civ II Ziggurat.