Old November 8, 2001, 02:03   #1
dragontempest
Settler

Local Time: 16:20
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Why does it seem the computer cheats?
Whenever I play the game on warlord or Rengent level it seems that the computer knows where things are. For instance where resources, civilization and goody huts are located without having to search for them. Sometimes I have only gone 25 turns and the computer oponents have three to four techs more than I have. I also noticed that they are inheirentlly(spelled wrong I know) Hostile towards me. Whenever I play the game and I am surrounded by the computer oponents they take every bit of land close by to me and not nearer each other...it is like they are ganging up on me.
Isn't there away that the computer oponents would act like real people in this situation and only build within an area close by instead of someone elses area?
Am I asking too much?

Dragontempest
Old November 8, 2001, 02:59   #2
Monoriu
Warlord

Local Time: 16:20
Typical AI behaviour:

1. They grab land. Any land. If they see an open piece of real estate they will build a city on it. From my experience in playing the Regent level they grab everybody's land, including other AI civ's land.

2. They trade techs a lot amonst themselves. So if 1 civ has a tech, very soon all the others will have it. If 1 civ got a tech from a hut, then very soon everybody will have it. That's probably why they have more techs than you.

3. They trade maps a lot. That's probably why they have more knowledge of the world.

4. They like to gang up on somebody. In this case its you. Yes in my game I was fighting a grand alliance of 7 AI civs as well. But I admit that I have almost ignored diplomacy, have seldom traded, have always refused to pay tribute, and I started the fight . I have read reports from other players that he could unit 6 AI civs to wipe out the last one though. Maybe we can do better next time
Old November 8, 2001, 03:05   #3
Pyrodrew
Prince

Local Time: 08:20
5. They trade "Communications" with other Civs like crazy too. In my recent game I told the Russians (who knew 7 other civs) about the Aztecs (who knew the other 7 civs) and the VERY NEXT TURN ALL CIVS were able to communicate with each other. Needless to say I realized that wasn't a very good move on my part now.