Old November 8, 2001, 16:07   #1
Almeida
Settler

Local Time: 13:22
Local Date: October 31, 2010
The worker bug
I noticed two distinct bugs with the workers:

- One worker was building a railroad in one tile of my oponent, I bombarded it, and destroyed the previous road and mine that was already there, 2 turns later, the square appeared with a railroad improvement. Odd...

- I was attacking another oponent, when I arrived near his city, he started moving something like 40 workers, of babylonian origin, from one side to another, with no aparent reason. The AI simply doesnt know what to do with his excess workers. This is one of the reasons that the games starts to slow down later. Some programer at firaxis forgot to put a line there...

- When a war starts, the workers (automated) will run to a city (good!), but when the war is over, they'll stay there. You will have to activate then manually.

- Also workers should not count as a "regular" unit in the counter. Sometimes you will get a false impression that the city is flooded with troops when this is not true. They should have a special color code in the unit counter or something like that.

Anyone noticed more?
Old November 8, 2001, 16:13   #2
Garth Vader
King

Local Time: 10:22
There should be a chance of workers being killed rather than captured.
Old November 8, 2001, 16:56   #3
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 12:22
You have some good points, but I fail to see the 'bug' in what you say. Yeah, maybe some shortcomings, but...

Something else I would definately like to see is, when you right click on a worker, it will list in the right-click pop-up what task he is working on and how many more turns 'till completion.

The current method of finding this out is inconveniencing.
Old November 9, 2001, 11:23   #4
CB2034
Chieftain

Local Time: 11:22
i havent had the problem where my workers who run into the city when i get attacked stay there. it usually takes them one turn before they come out... and only when there are no hostile units near me anymore. i wonder if your units that stopped working had some of the terrain improvements they were working on destroyed .