Old January 31, 2002, 17:07   #121
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 10:25
Local Date: October 31, 2010
2228 to qantaga

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Believer newsflash

Advisor flubber has been appointed as High Priest of the Believer faction, replacing the departed Deimos. The installation ceremony will take place in 2229.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COMMUNIQUE TO SITS AND COLDARK

Honored leaders

I have listened to your request for an extension of our current truce and my ally Qantaga has requested that I agree as well. I find that I cannot. I believe it was a mistake for our beloved leader Deimos to give his oath to another man, as our oaths and allegience are only to God, but I have honoured the agreement in his memory .

This position perhaps risks war since I declare no war. Whether fighting will resume or not, I do not know. All I do know is that I cannot, in good conscience, agree to this extension and bind our future actions in any way that might prevent us from continuing God's work. I can say that I will maintain the peace for as long as such peace is in furtherance of God's work.

I believe that my friend Qantaga was troubled by our position and was performing a decision-making subroutine on the issue when we last spoke. Their acceptance or rejection of your offer is not for us to decide

I trust this explains our position

High Priest Flubber
Old January 31, 2002, 19:05   #122
Qantaga
King

Local Time: 11:25
Message to all citizens of Planet:

The Cybernetic Consciousness has studied all appropriate data from the transmissions of all noble factions on Chiron.

It is our desire to live in peace and tend to the needs of our citizens in our own little corner of Planet.

To that end, the Cybernetic nation will continue to honor the blood truce between ourselves and the Gaian/Pirate alliance.

Of course, our ultimate loyalty and alliance is to High Priest Flubber. Since, the Believers have chosen not to continue the blood truce, we will fully understand if the Gaians and Pirates do not wish to continue the truce with us.

The Cybernetic nation offers the Gaians and the Pirates 10 more years of truce (to be re-evaluated at that time). Of course, since this offer will not include the Believers, it is our hope that the offer will be accepted, but our expectation that it may not be.
Old February 1, 2002, 02:27   #123
SITS
King

Local Time: 16:25
Turn 2229 to ColDark

It seems like there is confusion in the opposing camp. I of course accept Prime Function Qantaga agreement to continue the blood truce which has served peace so well and I'm glad that peace isn't a dirty word for at least one member of the Yankee team. But I must say that in the short time the High Priest Flubber has been in his position his forces have eradicated two factions with a third very likely. I hope that this is a not forecast the future.

Lady SITS
'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna
Old February 1, 2002, 12:54   #124
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Believer Communique

It is true that we eradicated the godless university according to God's holy law. They were an intractable enemy and Zakarov continues to refuse to acknowledge God. He has discovered the virtue of honest labour and we hope he will renounce his heresy

The Free Drones were eradicated largely by Gaian forces as we captured none of their bases. Unfortunately a small police force which was sent to arrest Domai caused the final Drone base to disperse. Domai is currently being questioned before the Holy Inquisition. He has found faith and is well on his way to salvation

The Hive has been an enemy of both the Gaians and the Believers and we have both found reason to fight with them. We believe our greater success against them should be saluted, not condemned
Old February 1, 2002, 15:35   #125
ColDark
Civilization III PBEMAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMDiplomacy
Prince

2229 to Flubber

Terry Pratchett
Old February 1, 2002, 18:11   #126
Flubber
Deity

2229 to qantaga
Old February 2, 2002, 03:04   #127
SITS
King

Turn 2230 to ColDark
'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna
Old February 2, 2002, 11:40   #128
Flubber
Deity

2230 to Qantaga

Believer communique to SITS and Coldark

Honored leaders

We are at war. With the end of our formal truce I was no longer obligated to stay my hand against the heretical abonimations that your factions represent. Your crimes against God are such that God's will demands that I put an end to your unethical behaviours.

SITS, I had hopes for a peaceful relationship between us but this was shattered when you constructed the Theory of Everything. Its very construction is a disavowal of GOd for how can man "know everything" when such omniscience is in God and of God alone. This monument to athiesm is an insult to all that we hold dear.

Coldark, your bucaneering ways is antithetical to all the values we espouse and promote. Even as we speak you are constructing Three weapons of mass destruction. Even the construction of such weapons is offensive and it is with a heavy heart that we began construction of our own. Such weapons are offensive to all humanity but we should not be suprised given that your entire society is based on pirating or stealing in violataon of one of the most fundamental commandments of each and every Faith which has merged to creat our one true faith

In my holy missions to date I have not utililized the nerve gas weapons which are available to me and in fact have focused on reducing your productive capacity rather than attacking your populace. We believe that there is a basic goodness in all people and hope to spare your populations as much as possible. We know that with education and ministering, they will come to embrace the True faith. However, if necessary , such weapons will be used if it is necessary to protect the faithful.

Attacking us with such weapons will bring the wrath of GOD as was prophesized in the ancient bible. We shall overcome as was foretold in the quran.

Revelation 20:8-10 They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God's people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them.

[8.65] O Prophet! urge the believers to war; if there are twenty patient ones of you they shall overcome two hundred, and if there are a hundred of you they shall overcome a thousand of those who disbelieve, because they are a people who do not understand.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old February 3, 2002, 11:55   #129
SITS
King

Turn 2231 to ColDark

Knowledge can never be the enemy.

It is with great sadness that I must marshal my forces to defend my homeland against the shameful attack from the Believers. A few rogue units used their Nerve Gas capabilities when they heard that their home base had been attacked. Whereas I can understand their anger I have ordered that any further use of weapons of mass destruction will mean that the personal will be put to death.

Although we do not expect peace to be offered we still hope that a way can be found for us to live together on Planet.

Old February 3, 2002, 13:41   #130
Flubber
Deity

SITS (out of character on this one) using nervegas
Did you face trade sanctions automatically from committing the atrocity ??

(Now back in character)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"High priest Flubber !! We have unconfirmed reports of nervegas attacks on our population. The reports are sketchy as we do not even know what bases were hit but there are definite reports of nerve gas usage"

"I cannot do something as grave as allow the use of nerve gas without being sure of what has occurred. Confirm the reports and report back to me. In the meantime position a God's Retribution unit in range of all their major bases. As the old saying goes 'you have sown the wind and shall reap the whirlwind' . If they have done this there can be no mercy"
Old February 3, 2002, 17:16   #131
Flubber
Deity

2231 to Qantaga

Believer Intelligence Report

The Gaians have completed two Planet busters in a single turn after their nerve gas attempts largely failed. The targets of these weapons in not known but we expect to see several bases destroyed or famaged from the blast and fallout. However, believer forces are widely dispersed in an effort to not lose too much military in any single blast. In retribution, a large number of gas choppers have been prepared and will begin operations immediately

Another nautilaus base has chosen to join the faithful voluntarily while another was captured using military force and 2 others have been completely destroyed.

On the frontier, gaian bases continue to fall before the onslaught of believer units. It may be only a matter of time before the Gaians face aerial attack from both sides of their homeland.
Old February 5, 2002, 13:04   #132
SITS
King

Turn 2132 to ColDark

It is with sadness that the Gaian nation announces the passing of Washington, Boston and New York for a combination of 41 population points and the loss of 3 Secret Projects including the HGP. Our sadness is not about the citizens that have been lost, as they choose to believe in a wrathful god, it is the damage to Planet that we weep for. I hope that she can make use of the vapours and dust of the thousands of souls who worshipped for nothing and are now nothing.

Low Priest Flubber decided to launch an unprovoked attack on our homeland because of his fear of knowledge.

But let him know this - the Gaian nation will defend itself to the end however fast that end may be, for the free thinkers of Planet will never be in darkness of ignorance but instead will be bathed in the light of knowledge and that light will be a beacon in the hearts of those who live. Let those who are free fight the good fight and if need be die the death of virtue.

Lady SITS

Old February 5, 2002, 14:11   #133
ColDark
Civilization III PBEMAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMDiplomacy
Prince

Turn 2232 to Flubber.

Ouch!!!

Terry Pratchett
Old February 6, 2002, 11:49   #134
Flubber
Deity

2232 to qantaga

High priest flubber surveyed the wreckage of what had been three thriving metropolises. " I now know what hell must look like. I always believed in the fundamental basic goodness of man but for someone to do this . . . . they did not target our military posts but instead deliberately targetted our population centres anbd areas with our greatest cultural chievments. They do not try to win a war but to eradicate a population. I find no redeeming goodness in them and will fight to the bitter end."
Old February 6, 2002, 23:13   #135
SITS
King

Turn 2233 to ColDark

Old February 7, 2002, 15:09   #136
ColDark
Prince

2233 to Flubber.

Be gentle with me!

Terry Pratchett
Old February 7, 2002, 17:05   #137
Flubber
Deity

1812 to qantaga
-- new definition of a good turn-- one iin which I do not lose 41 population to PBs
-------------------------------------------------

"be gentle with me" says Coldark while meanwhile his fission Planetbuster sits in Dreams of Green, refuelling and waiting to eradicate more Believer citizens.

My offer to the Pirates is simple . . . refrain from using your PB on me ( and do not turn it over to the gaians) and I will refrain from gassing or PBing you.

My offer to the evil gaians is likewise simple-- may you burn in the fiery pits of hell for your evil ways. We shall match you in destruction and chase you from the face of this planet
Old February 9, 2002, 13:54   #138
SITS
King

Turn 2134 to ColDark

Please note the vapourisation of Chicago and Cincinnatti for the loss of 19 population points and a Secret Project.

I also note that the Believers own Planet Busters will come online this turn.

May Planet forgive us for these sins against her.

Lady SITS

Old February 9, 2002, 16:52   #139
Flubber
Deity

You should be begging forgiveness of God as you once again target populations rather than military targets-- for shame
Old February 9, 2002, 21:03   #140
SITS
King

Next time leave a unit in Pittsburgh, then I wouldn't target your population then...

Last edited by SITS; February 9, 2002 at 21:24.
Old February 10, 2002, 11:50   #141
Flubber
Deity

There is a threat to pittsburgh . . . arm all units

We shall be victorious as foretold in the ancient Holy books

Joshua 10:13 Joshua 10 Joshua 10:12-14
So the sun stood still, And the moon stopped, Till the people had revenge Upon their enemies.

Judges 15:7 Judges 15 Judges 15:6-8
Samson said to them, "Since you would do a thing like this, I will surely take revenge on you, and after that I will cease."

[5.33] The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His apostle and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement,

[37.98] And they desired a war against him, but We brought them low.
Old February 11, 2002, 12:33   #142
SITS
King

Turn 2234 to Flubber

ColDark is away until Thursday and has asked me to do his turns until then....

Got a report of fungus growing near Pittsburgh - I wonder why?

Old February 11, 2002, 14:03   #143
Flubber
Deity

I got the turn but these turns take a while so I will play when I get home

Fungus pops, I imagine they should be a problem for both of us. Does not Planet consider PBs as even worse than nerve gas ?? In that case you could be in for some fungus pops of your own. You are the gaians though (hmmm)

The other problem will be sea level rises LOL. Well SITS you started this by being the first to employ nervegas and PBs too. Its my first-ever atrocity fest so I will be interested to see what happens
Old February 11, 2002, 14:41   #144
Qantaga
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Flubber
Its my first-ever atrocity fest so I will be interested to see what happens
We'll probably all be back to sticks and plowshares, standing on our own little archipelagos, before long.
Old February 13, 2002, 12:17   #145
Qantaga
King

2235 sent to SITS.

Break those aqualungs out of their lockers, boys.

This is about to become a nautical world. Nice time to be a Pirate.
Old February 15, 2002, 12:57   #146
SITS
King

As I've not heard anything from ColDark I've sent 2235 onto Flubber.

2k of Glugness!

Old February 15, 2002, 16:33   #147
Flubber
Deity

well

it is with great regret we announce the nuclear devastation of two Gaian bases with a combined population of 19. Two other gaian bases have disbanded due to gas attacks while a single pirate base succumbed.

--------------------------------------------------

The most recent announcement was for 4666m of sea level rises and I was wondering how people felt about raising the solar shade and then increasing it whenever we can to keep a little out of the water
Old February 15, 2002, 17:07   #148
Qantaga
King

Even the top of Mt. Planet is "Endangered".

I called the vote for the solar shades (as Flubber suggested).

2236 to SITS.
Old February 18, 2002, 01:54   #149
SITS
King

Sorry for the delay but I'm still waiting to get hold of ColDark to discuss the vote. I will send the turn as soon as I can...

Old February 18, 2002, 05:37   #150
ColDark
Prince

I'm back. Sorry for the absence.

The Pirates say NAY to the solar shade!

Terry Pratchett