Old November 10, 2001, 05:44   #1
zeace
Civ4 SP Democracy Game
Warlord

Local Time: 08:26
Local Date: October 31, 2010
War grounds
The game I'm playing now (Regent, Huge, 16 civs) has taken a wierd turn. Every one is fighting their wars on my land...

I started on a very large continent with 6 other civs. The Japanese, Germans and Russians all surronded me, but I managed to get 12 cities set up anyway. My emipre is quite strung out though, with most of my cities in between these other civs. All of these civs started marching settlers+warrior paris through my empire heading towards an enormous jungle without any useful features. I decided to let them go rather than annoy them with constant requests to leave.

Well eventually they all start fighting in the jungle and they are marching large armies though my territory. At this point I definately don't want to annoy anyone so I let this go on. Note that unlike civ2, you can still get resources from a square that is occupied by a peaceful unit, so it wasn't bothering me too much.

A few turns later, the units from all these civs start running into each other, just as they are passing my capital. Now there's seriously 60 units waging an enourmous battle in the hills and mountains right outside my capital.

It's fun to watch the how the AI fights battles, and I've even learned a couple of tricks. I find it very unrelaistic, however, that 60 units are killing each other in these hills and I'm still getting the full resource value of the square...

Ze Ace
Old November 10, 2001, 09:26   #2
Plutarck
Warlord

Local Time: 10:26
You're right, it is unrealistic. You should at least get +1 food and +1 production from the squares from all the corpse meat and discarded armor pieces

Creator of the LWC Mod for Civ3.
Old November 10, 2001, 14:05   #3
DK36
Chieftain

Local Time: 11:26
eww