Old November 10, 2001, 12:57   #1
Tre976
Settler

Local Time: 16:28
Local Date: October 31, 2010
thanks Firaxis!
or as my wife said last nite when i bought it..

AAAAAAAAARRRGGHHH!

I've been reading these forums for several months and was amazed by the number of people who found something to complain about a game that had'nt even been released yet..

now i'm just innured to the constant deluge of mindless rants about how it sucks or its broke or this that or the other thing..

My initial reaction to first playing the game is wow.. it seems just like civ2.. then as i got further along and the Zulu's mounted a well coordinated sea and land offensive against me i realized if nothing else this is aint your father's civ2!

yes there are some things that can be fixed up.. combat is not one of them in my book, nor is bombardment.. they serve a purpose as they work now..

air superiority seems odd.. i have never successfully defended against a bomber attack yet.. and with the mass number of bomber runs the zulu's threw at me.. i shoulda won once at the very least.. or so i presume..

anyhoo thanks for the time and effort ya put into ruining my marriage!
Old November 10, 2001, 13:57   #2
Libertarian
King

Local Time: 11:28
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Firaxis acknowledges a bug in the air superiority. It will be fixed in a soon forthcoming patch. Congratulations on discovering the joys of Civ3! Give your wife our best!