Old November 10, 2001, 17:29   #1
solo
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
King

Local Time: 16:29
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Corruption not logical?
I am playing a game using Democracy where the level of corruption is not making sense. Two cities just 4 tiles away from the capitol are quite similar in respect to size, terrain and happiness improvements, yet one has low corruption and the other will produce only 1 shield, no matter what is tried, even though it is generating about 10 shields, and should have the majority of these available. The other city is giving an expected 8 or 9 out of the 10 generated.

Has this been happening to anyone else?

Changing to any other form of government makes no difference. The game is at deity, with raging hordes on a tiny map with all other default options, and I have about 10 cities in all. There is some overlap, but I had city radii overlap too in another game without having this happen, i.e. all corruption levels were as expected. It's just like total corruption in a city that just can not be changed once it has set in, with no specific apparent cause. In this game the only war was during Monarchy, and that one was started by the Zulus.

Ideas, anyone?