Old November 10, 2001, 18:11   #1
VetteroX
Chieftain

Local Time: 16:29
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Editing Units?
For all the bashing Ive seen CTP 2 get, I can't asgree with all of it. Was it great? heck no, but it wasnt awful. There were plenty of cool ideas in it, and something I loved was editing units. I can't do any programming, but it was SOOO easy! I loved it. I opened a little wordpad document named units, simply deleted the numbers of a/d/m of the units, and inserted what I thought they should be.

Now Civ3 is much better then CTP 2, but I really think some unit strengths are messed up, and I wanted to edit them. Battleship is too weak, marine is too weak, mech inf is too slow, list goes on... and I wanted to edit these units.... however, I was disappointed when I found no easy wordpad file like CTP 2, and then more disappointed when I couldnt even find a file of any kind named units, so that at least I could ask over a friend good with software to help me. Anyone know how I can easily edit the units? or is it not possible at this time or very difficult for anyone but a good programmer?
Old November 10, 2001, 18:23   #2
Trachmyr
Warlord

Local Time: 11:29
Uhh... use the program called civ3edit.exe

However, there seems to be a bug when you edit the rules... so, first BACK-UP the file Civ3mod.bic in the root civ directory (This is the MAIN rule file). Then load it with the civ3edit.exe program, edit the rules as you choose and then save. From that point on the game will use your new rules.
Old November 10, 2001, 18:42   #3
VetteroX
Chieftain

Thanks a lot, and thanks for the warning to make a backup. I real pretty dumb that I didnt figure it out myself, but I guess thats what these forums are for. Thanks.
Old November 10, 2001, 18:44   #4
VetteroX
Chieftain

One more question, Ive never seen a unit in civ1/2/3 with an un even a/d number other then 1 or 3. Why is this? Like, I want to make cavalry 7/4. Would this mess anything up?