Old November 10, 2001, 21:34   #1
Yaga
Warlord

Local Time: 08:30
Local Date: October 31, 2010
AI : Worker Automation Difficulties
Just went looking for my automated workers, and found 12, yes twelve of them, had taken advantage of the rights of passage agreements to travel through three foreign countries along their rails to a far flung, land locked city I'd just captured from a foreign Civ and begin improving the land. Of course, battles were underway all around them, so I had to dispatch some Inf to protect them for a turn, then take them all back to the homeland. The next turn three other automated workers went to visit this new city. Turn after that, three more.

So I've had to un-automate all my workers, that they don't run along the rails to this city. This practically negates the usefulness of the Automate worker features other than Build Road/Irrigation To.

Is there any way to keep automated workers, if not around a specific city, at least within the boundries of one's empire? I understand that the AI needs to have its workers do such things, but its a little irksome for me.

Perhaps a Governor's screen for workers might be in order...
Old November 10, 2001, 21:38   #2
smellymummy
King

Local Time: 08:30
Local Date: October 31, 2010
The automation you need is "Automate, This City Only". Activate that by pressing Shift-I.