Old November 11, 2001, 02:08   #1
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 09:30
Local Date: October 31, 2010
All complainers stop posting here and go back to civ2
If you don't have something constructive to say, how about not saying it.

These forums are very cluttered with whiners.

Example: this game is broken!!

this thread is worthless. Yes they point out the bugs in the game. But there is no organized attempt at suggestions to correct these problems.

We need to get organized to get these bugs fixed. Not just thread after thread of b!tching.

If you don't like the game play civ2, or make an effort to let Firaxis know in a CONSTRUCTIVE way the problems with the game and suggested fixes.

Until some of whiners leave this forum, I won't be here. I'll go back to the civ2 boards where people talked about the game in a mature way. Not like a bunch of 13 year old kids who didn't get their way.
Old November 11, 2001, 02:36   #2
GNGSpam
Warlord

Local Time: 16:30
Typically one expects the game programmers to come up with suggestions for fixes (and then fix the bugs)

Hence us paying them

as the consumer our sole job is to buy the game and "*****" as you put it, or rave, depending on whether we like it or not.

You have as much right to complain about people *****ing as one who would complain about everyone saying "OH I LOVE THE GAME ITS SO GREAT"

Quit being a forum nanny
Old November 11, 2001, 02:51   #3
bigfree1

Re: All complainers stop posting here and go back to civ2
Quote:
Originally posted by Dissident

If you don't like the game play civ2, or make an effort to let Firaxis know in a CONSTRUCTIVE way the problems with the game and suggested fixes.

Until some of whiners leave this forum, I won't be here. I'll go back to the civ2 boards where people talked about the game in a mature way. Not like a bunch of 13 year old kids who didn't get their way.
I'm not a programmer, nor is it my job to tell Firaxis to fix the game that obviously needs some work. I paid $60 for a game that they themselves promised would be revoloutionary. I expect them to live up to that promise. I expect them to come up with ways to fix the problems that so many are complaining about. If you don't like what you're seeing on the forum how about YOU go and play Civ and don't ever come back here; don't ever download a patch, unless you can write your own of course.

Old November 11, 2001, 02:56   #4
Zylka
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesApolytoners Hall of Fame
King

Constructive criticism includes pointing out all of the flat out faults and inadequacies this game is plagued with (perhaps in hopes of influencing a patch? What a f*cking concept!). We're not here to program solutions. Nor are we asking the I LOVE IT I LOVE IT crowd to be quiet or leave, so grow up, champ
Old November 11, 2001, 03:03   #5
Zylka
King

Re: All complainers stop posting here and go back to civ2
Quote:

BWAHAHAHAHA oh please show us the way to behave whilst debating a computer game, wise shaman. How truly spiritual you are! Now off to preform a rain dance, followed by an incense inspired metaphysical brainstorm of civ3 solutions. ~OOHHHMMM this is such a profound idea for a thread OOHHHMMM~

How immature I am... Oh my
Old November 11, 2001, 03:04   #6
Victor Galis
Emperor

Local Time: 12:30
"Typically one expects the game programmers to come up with suggestions for fixes (and then fix the bugs)

Hence us paying them"

-That's a cynical view. Ideally the programmers program what the people want.

"You have as much right to complain about people *****ing as one who would complain about everyone saying "OH I LOVE THE GAME ITS SO GREAT""

-Do it elsewhere, you're wasting our bandwidth.

"If you don't like what you're seeing on the forum how about YOU go and play Civ and don't ever come back here;"

-I believe you are mistaken here. We were here first, we not need more whiners to eat up what little bandwidth is left after the release of civ3. If you really want to whine, go whine to Firaxis. Stop cluttering these forums.

"(perhaps in hopes of influencing a patch? What a f*cking concept!)."

-Which might work if this were an official civ3 forum, which it really isn't.
Old November 11, 2001, 03:11   #7
Zylka
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Victor Galis

-I believe you are mistaken here. We were here first, we not need more whiners to eat up what little bandwidth is left after the release of civ3. If you really want to whine, go whine to Firaxis. Stop cluttering these forums.
AHAHAHAHAHA You were here first?!?!? Brilliant and equally mature statement. Since you were here first you get "first dibs" on bandwith use. Speaking of which, a lot of us were "here first" with you b*tching and complaining about what should be implemented in the game - a lot of it was!

No, you're right - YOU WERE HEaR FIRST DAR DAR THIS MY SANDBOX NOT YOURZ 2 PLAY IN!

Honestly, it's not even a challenge with some of these self contradicting morons.
Old November 11, 2001, 03:15   #8
Zylka
King

Quote:

"(perhaps in hopes of influencing a patch? What a f*cking concept!)."

-Which might work if this were an official civ3 forum, which it really isn't.
Hey MISTAR WE H3RE FIRST - I've never seen any firaxis members cruising these forums asking for opinions and ideas, have you? Again, you have proved yourself unquestionably right!

Edit: I love how these words he spoke:

"-That's a cynical view. Ideally the programmers program what the people want."

Compare so nicely to the above. Tehehehe well now that I've cruelly boosted my own self-esteem beating up on a retard, it's time to go to bed. Sweet dreams!
Old November 11, 2001, 03:20   #9
GNGSpam
Warlord

Excuse me?

Quote:
Do it elsewhere, you're wasting our bandwidth.
Whose bandwith? This is a community forum, open to anyone who plays Civilization III. More specifically this is the General Discussion, which means anything in general.

This is not the "Civilization III love fest no whinners allowed" board. This is not YOUR site. This is OUR site, including myself, and any possible whinner.

First let me state, I have not whinned. But by god if I wanted to, I will and have every right to suck up "your" bandwith doing so.

And until I break a forum guideline and am banned I will continue to have every right to waste "your" bandwith as you have a right to waste "my" bandwith. (since after all this is "our" forum)

Quote:
I believe you are mistaken here. We were here first,
Once again who is this magical "we"? Is there a cut off date for the secret club? Do you have to have visited this forum since before March of 2000 in order to be a memeber of this ultra exclusive club on the Apolyton forum which obviously has controlling rights over the bandwith (being "their" bandwith and all)

My gosh, arent we just the pompous arrogant ass tonight?
Old November 11, 2001, 03:31   #10
wervdon
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 10:30
Let see which is more constructive:

Pointing out that combat was better in Civ2 and they took a step backwards....

or

Starting a thread calling all the people you disagree with whiners.....

Hmmm, thats a tough one.

PS: Im only criticizing combat in civ3 (and the editor, but they've said that'll get fixed). The rest is definately better than any civ game to date, especially the AI.
Old November 11, 2001, 04:58   #11
Yoleus
Warlord

I will not repeat here why I LIKE the game but I will wait for a Final Mp Scenario Gold Patched Edition (if you DO want to know why, ask me or look for my posts ) I just want to say that I play SMAX
I do not know if I am a "whiner" in your opinion, or if I was cheated into becoming one thanks to the late release in Europe... I had plenty of time to make me up a "sitting on the edge" opinion.
Old November 11, 2001, 05:35   #12
Sikander
King

"All complainers stop posting here and go back to civ2."

Dissident, I'm glad you have decided to join the ranks of us reactionaries, but baby you've got to get yourself a new handle!
Old November 11, 2001, 05:55   #13
LaRusso
King

Local Time: 18:30
hahaha, sikander, good to know that for once we are in the same camp
btw, honest abe is quite a pain in the game. he just would not stop declaring wars on me. too bad he is not around anymore
You are so anti-america that having a conversation with you would be poinless. You may or maynot feel you are an enemy of the United States, I don't care either way. However if I still worked for the Goverment I would turn over your e-mail address to my bosses and what ever happen, happens.
Old November 11, 2001, 11:15   #14
bigfree1

Quote:

"If you don't like what you're seeing on the forum how about YOU go and play Civ and don't ever come back here;"

What do you mean you were here FIRST???

Just because I never registered and bothered to post until recently doesn't give you anymore right to suggest what to post on these forums than anyone else; you my friend are the one whose mistaken!

And STOP whinning about your pages not loading fast enough; buy some web space and start your own forum if you think you are all that!(which your NOT )

Old November 11, 2001, 20:23   #15
Zylka
King

I'd just like to bump this thread to remind everyone of how pathetically the "go back to civ2" argument has crashed and burned.

Oh gee. Where has Victor Galise gone?? Come out to play Vici!
Old November 11, 2001, 20:25   #16
Dylan Baker
DiploGamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Warlord

I think its time for the pic to come out:
Old November 11, 2001, 20:34   #17
WhiteElephants
King

Local Time: 11:30
I appreciate both the "whiners" and the "we love civ3ers". I haven't bought the game yet and my decision hinges on what is said and is not said in these forums. Feel free to ignore the those who "whine" about the bandwidth as there are many more like me who are lurking the boards in an attempt to discern the facts from the fiction surrounding Civ3. Thanks.
Old November 11, 2001, 20:38   #18
n.c.
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by WhiteElephants
I haven't bought the game yet and my decision hinges on what is said and is not said in these forums.
Buy it at a place that accepts returns. Worked for me. And who knows, you may like it.
Old November 11, 2001, 21:03   #19
WhiteElephants
King

Thanks for the advice, but I'm going to hold off a bit regardless. I don't expect this game to be worthy of purchase until the second of third patch, unless by some stroke of genius they do a bang up job on the first patch -- I'll just have to wait for the consensus on that one -- otherwise I'm just teasing myself with a potentially good (great?) game.
Old November 12, 2001, 01:44   #20
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

lol, I only created this thread for the reactions.

but anyways, I find it interesting people complain so much about a game and say civ2 is better. Logically, if civ2 is a better game, then why not play civ2?

And by suggestions I'm not talking about writing code. We all know the combat system in civ3 is kind of weak. How about suggested fixes such as firepower. I can't explain why they took that out. I guess they wanted to make things simpler for the novice player. Nothing simpler than seeing your tank destroyed by a spearman

and what is wrong with my handle? I've changed it too many times already. I really don't want to do it again.

and I admit I'm b!tching about the b!tchers . It takes a long time to wade through all these threads
Old November 12, 2001, 02:29   #21
Zylka
King

No one is saying civ2 is flat out better than civ3, just that a lot of aspects of civ2 are (ie firepower)
Old November 12, 2001, 02:36   #22
Grumbold
Emperor

Local Time: 17:30
Just what this forum needed, another trolling thread.
Old November 12, 2001, 02:36   #23
Jaundice
Chieftain

I saw a post from a Firaxis programmer saying that the firepower thing was a complicated waste that didn't really do much to the units in the end. He's definately the expert compared to me, but I think it sure made a difference.

-JD
Old November 12, 2001, 02:42   #24
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

firepower didn't do much? How can he say that. Maybe then they should have boosted attack ratings of some units then. We can do that ourselves of course. But I still miss the rules.txt .

bring back firepower dammit!!. put a firepower of 1 on a cruise missile in civ2 for an example. Cruise missles from an ai usually hurt me bad. But when you give it a fp of 1 this is not the case. This is the best example I can think of. Another example is artillery and tanks in civ2- both have attack ratings of 10. tanks have a fp of 1 where artillery has a fp of 2. I did not notice much difference until I played ww2 scenarios in the add-ons such as east wind, (or whatever it was called ). Artillery was more effective at city busting than tanks.
Old November 12, 2001, 07:36   #25
n.c.
Emperor

Quote:
We all know the combat system in civ3 is kind of weak. How about suggested fixes such as firepower. I can't explain why they took that out.

I admit I'm b!tching about the b!tchers
I'd say that you have actually joined us.
Old November 27, 2001, 22:48   #26
lord of the mark
Deity

Local Time: 12:30
Quote:
Originally posted by GNGSpam
Excuse me?

Whose bandwith? This is a community forum, open to anyone who plays Civilization III. More specifically this is the General Discussion, which means anything in general.

This is not the "Civilization III love fest no whinners allowed" board. This is not YOUR site. This is OUR site, including myself, and any possible whinner.
Just to remind you, this forum belongs to Markos and Dan, it is open to anyone they hand a password to, whom they dont choose to ban You want abstract discussions of who "owns" a public forum, go to USENET. This aint no public forum.

LOTM
Old November 27, 2001, 23:23   #27
Trifna
King

Local Time: 00:30
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Hey dissident, I didn't read your article (without losing respect, jst saw many) but just this:

Or you're for evolution and propose ways of making something better, or you may just say "oh, it's better than the last one" and stick to this. Personnally, I'll always try to make something better if it's not perfect.