Old October 29, 2000, 11:57   #31
Kull
lifer
King

Local Time: 17:12
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Capo: I won't join in on the beatings since I think you've learned there is a right way and a wrong way to approach a remake/alternate. Tecumseh is correct in that many people have arrived with grandiose schemes and then disappeared without a trace. So if those of us who actually DO create scenarios seem a little jaded, there's a reason! By the way, you would be well advised to play his "Prince of Darkness" scenario. It's a classic in it's use of multiple playable civs and attaining objectives.

With respect to civ-specific Event files, go ahead and download "Seeds of Greatness" from my web site and open the file called AE-3500B.bat with a text editor such as Notepad. Inside you'll see that selecting (for example) the number "2" (Babylon) causes the program to save the Babylon Events file (Events-B.txt) as Events.txt. You could also do something similar for units, icon, terrain, sound files, etc. Feel free to copy and modify the SoG batch file...after all it's a modified version of the one used by Nemo in "Red Front". The ability to make the gaming experience completely different depending on choice of civ is a great feature and significantly enhances replayability.

"Seeds of Greatness" can be downloaded from here:
http://members.nbci.com/Kull1/Civ2-AE.html
Old October 29, 2000, 14:09   #32
techumseh
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 18:12
Enough said, I think. Thirty Years War by Jesus Munoz is available for download at the Civilization Scenario Collection on the XVII Century page. There's a link right down at the bottom of this page. I'm looking forward to trying yours as well, Capo.
Old November 1, 2000, 14:00   #33
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Local Time: 00:12
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Alright well, the Beta version should be released within the next week. I have been working with Chris282 (dunno his name at Apolyton) and we have made a lot of segway, its really looking very good so far. And so nobody lambasts me about anything for this scenario, I did "copy" units from other people/scenarios including Jesus'. I did however make changes to most all of these units, and to reiderate everything: I have the utmost respect for Jesus and his work, I have played a few other of his scenarios and found them very good, its just that as a very very very huge Habsburg "buff" I simply had problems with his, but that could be said for any scenario, even the greatest scenarios won't be "good enough" for people with personal connections to them, my scenario probably won't suffice to someone who is a Swedish expert, or even a fellow Habsburg enthusist as myself.

So I am sorry if I have offended anyone at all, I don't mean to be arrogant, and I must thank you again for your support, because without you guys complaining, the scenario would have been out already, and it would have sucked arse!

------------------
"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender."

-Winston Churchill

"Ceterum censo Carthaginem esse delendam"
"Also I think that Carthage must be destroyed"

-Cato the Elder, Roman Statesmen

One Love.
Old November 4, 2000, 21:16   #34
VietMinh
Warlord

I'd like to playtest it please.
DaiVietVu@netscape.net
Old November 11, 2000, 01:12   #35
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Alright well it has been days, possibly weeks since I last addressed everyone. I am still working on the scenario and very dilligently at that, but I have been swamped with schoolwork, its still comming along, slowly but comming none the less, so I should have a playtest beta out that I will give to only three people soon, Jesus is planned as one of the playtestors if he would like.

------------------
"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender."

-Winston Churchill

"Ceterum censo Carthaginem esse delendam"
"Also I think that Carthage must be destroyed"

-Cato the Elder, Roman Statesmen

One Love.
Old November 11, 2000, 05:18   #36
kIndal
Spanish Civers
King

Local Time: 01:12
Yes,I want to playtest it,please,send me a copy to indalito@yahoo.com when it will be finished.
Old December 24, 2000, 00:54   #37
JPetroski
Prince

Local Time: 20:12
As one of those "big talkers" I can offer only one piece of advice: Capo, you better finish this scenario and make it spectacular, or else you'll feel like an idiot (even if others dont rank on you).

Anyway, I've never researched the 30 year war and would like to play yours when it is released, for now, I guess I'll play Jesus's.

------------------
John Petroski
Vudak@aol.com
Old December 24, 2000, 03:34   #38
SunTzu
Prince

Hey Capo, u need a playtester than i'm your man
Whoa! JPetroski! Hey man if you ever come back and read this topic, can you please send me the sound files for Ansteig Scenario? None of the sites that have Ansteig for download come with the sounds.
Email: WMCS44@aol.com

------------------
http://www.civfanatics.com Staff

Bah! Can't use my sig
Old December 24, 2000, 10:31   #39
The Capo
DiploGames
King

Alright, it is almost ready for playtesting, I know I keep delaying it, and it makes a situtation where due to the delays it has to be perfect... ugh...