Old November 11, 2001, 15:43   #1
shinoui
Apolyton University
Settler

Local Time: 17:34
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Release in Europe
Hi Civ addicts, the capitalistic reasons are frequently ignored by those who feel victims of the decisions done by a corporation. Mr Bruno Bonnel CEO of Infogrames knows certainly what is good for him and his company, and I don't think he cares about what WE feel. All the specialized critics seem to be rather enthousiastic about the new version, and THE market is certainly US and (to a less extent in terms of sold issues)Canada. We have to ask ourselves how many issues of the preceeding versions were sold in Europe and for my concern how many of them were sold in France! I'm afraid to say that we don't weigh a scruple in the scale of Infogrames & Firaxis. They will make enough money with the first sales in North America...our time later will be pure extra bonus for them. Nevertheless and maybe because of those hypothetical reasons we shall keep on SHOUTING release CivIII NOW.
Shinoui
Old November 11, 2001, 17:12   #2
Rasbelin
Emperor

Local Time: 18:34
As I have said before in the BTC campaign...

Infogrames = betrayer of Civ III fans
Old November 11, 2001, 17:45   #3
Kumiorava
Prince

Local Time: 11:34
Hmm, so Civ3 available in Turku already. Suprising. Thought they were supposed to release it next week. Oh well, will pick up mine tomorrow or tuesday I guess. It's payday as well, how convinient. After that, the grand battle to make Civ3 run under Linux will begin. WINE can do a lot, but we'll see what happens.