Old November 11, 2001, 16:27   #1
DISX
Settler

Local Time: 16:34
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Sabotage Production doesn't work?
hey guys

I'm kind of wondering if the Espionage option of Sabotage Production works

-I'm playing on Regent as the Americans building The United Nations (4 turns left till completion)
-Japan also is building the United Nations and they are 1 turn away from completing it in their capital city of Kyoto
-so I decided to sabotage the production in Kyoto (needed around 3000 gold to accomplish this but had only 2100 gold, so I removed all of my troops from one of the cities I conquered from the English and sold the city back to English for something around 1000 gold. Going to take it back by force in 7 turns
-SABOTAGE SUCCESSFUL it tells me, Japanese has to start the production over.
-Investigated the city of Kyoto, saw that the production of the U.N. need 17 turns till completion
-I celebrate!!!
-next turn ----- Japan has completed the The United Nations in Kyoto
-WHAT THE HECK!!!!

I do not believe they could have rushed the project because it's a Wonder. Even if it was possible they have no gold to accomplish it

Please tell me what you think the problem is before I start out another turn

THANKS

DISX

Last edited by DISX; November 11, 2001 at 17:24.
Old November 11, 2001, 20:27   #2
kimmygibler
Warlord

Local Time: 09:34
Is it possible the ai saved a great leader to rush the UN? That strat was posted by somebody in regards to a particular OOC deity win. I'd be amazed if the ai would think of something like that.
Old November 11, 2001, 22:29   #3
DISX
Settler

Local Time: 16:34
you're right
that could be a possibility
actually, that's the only one I can think of
that's an amazing planning for the AI under Regent

thanks a lot

anyways, so far the game has been great
year, 1940 with 4291 gold working on Recycling
-I control a large continent in the middle of the world (1/4 of the world territory) (score: 1904)
-Japan (strongest overall score: 2515) to my east/south sharing a continent with the Germans (I also built 2 small cities on the shore of that continent to keep the Japanese spread out defending all of it's borders)
-Germans (score: 1466) my ally to my south, but also enchroaching on the Japanese area to my east
-Russians (score: 921), on a tiny island (2 square tile island) with 8 population
basically they're just awaiting an invasion from anyone who is willing to take it)
-English(score: 1645), Greeks(score: 1961), Iroquois(score: 1142), French (score: 1434) to my West, basically all allies fighting the Japanese on and off. I get into squabbles with them whenever they want to move out of a large natural bay which I blocked off with my main naval battle group (4 battleships, 4 destroyers, 2 aircraft carriers filled with first generation bombers, 1 nuke sub and 1 sub) and whenever they want to move to my East Sea (I'm patrolling a 3-tile wide water pass that is vital for West to East travel)

I started out with no navy. But now I have the best one out there. Also have the best airforce. That's basically is my defense at the moment. Just keeping my continent isolated from everyone. As for the 2 cities I built in the Japanese continent, I placed 4 armies of mixed infantry-tank units with 4 units in each army. Also have support crews of 10 tanks, 14 mech infantry, 12 artilleries, 4 F-15s, 9 bombers, 1 fighter, 3 destroyers, 2 battleships, 1 sub)
I need a big army for those two small cities because I know what the Japanese is planning. they basically don't have a navy other than 3 ironclads and 2 battleships so their main force are land troops that travel the whole continent in groups. I've seen them partrolling our shared border with 25 cavalry units and 15 tanks, all moving to the same squares. They're also planning some kind of cultural takeover. I couldn't believe it when I saw 40+ mixed nationality workers controlled by the Japanese 'migrating' from the South to the North cities next to mine. They might join those cities and just swallow my small cities culturally if the AI is thinking what I am thinking.