Old November 12, 2001, 01:04   #1
boojumhunter
Chieftain

Local Time: 11:35
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Divide and conquer?
Greetings,

Has anyone figured out a way to get two civs to declare war on each other while you sit on the sidelines waiting to pick up the pieces after they've chewed each other up?

One thought I've had that I'm waiting to try out, is the following.
If one of the AI's is culturally advanced enough... it should be possible to insert one of your cities close enough to the least advanced culture... then gift that City to the most culturally advanced civ in the hopes of creating some 'cultural friction'...

Any other thoughts? More importantly? Anything that works?
Old November 12, 2001, 01:48   #2
Monoriu
Warlord

Local Time: 16:35
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I am currently playing on Monarch level, large map, 16 civs.

For some reason, everybody hated the Germans (3rd strongest civ in game). A huge coalition of 14 AI nations (excluding me) declared war on the Germans. I was still building up and I didn't want to get involved in a war on the other continent. But I secretly aided the Germans by giving (actually selling )them a couple of techs.

Needless to say the Germans were losing. Just when German cities were dropping like flies the coalition fell apart into 3 large groups fighting against each other. It was triggered by the Aztecs declaring war on the Americans.

I have been making massive amounts (20k+) of money by selling older techs to backward AI nations. The Aztecs were one of my best customers . I wonder if that has to do with it. Maybe we should, umm, technologically assist the more aggressive civs?

Hmm my current problem is that the Greeks and the Persians are battling it out, but they are not connected. The way they do it, is to march into that only neutral civ in the world and fight it out on "neutral grounds" completely ignoring the concepts of neutrality, borders and so on......