Old November 12, 2001, 01:49   #1
Malthis
Settler

Local Time: 08:35
Local Date: October 31, 2010
"Get off my land, and stay off!"
"Get off my land, and stay off"... That's what you should really be saying when you tell someone to get their troops out of your borders. After fifteen turns of telling greece to get their 10+ cavalry out of my control zone, I gave up and let them cross. Intolerable.
This should be a two phase proceedure. First you say,"Get off my land" and if they attempt again the choice should change to "Get off and stay off". On either option they could go to war with you instead, and if the second choice is used (for the next 20 turns maybe, to keep balance) any crossing of your borders by that nation is an act of War! I think this is an essential change to the diplomatic process, one to keep you a true soverign nation.
Old November 12, 2001, 01:54   #2
yin26
inmate
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Born Again Optimist

Local Time: 12:35
As Soren said to me a few days back, there are 'certain conditions' the AI checks for before giving you the 'Get off my land or declare war' option. While he didn't elaborate, I think it comes down to relative power. I could be wrong, but it seems the AI 'listens' to you more when you are stronger and basically ignores your requests otherwise.

If I knew what the conditions are, I'd be happier about the issue. As it is, I now kill first and ask questions later.

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.
Old November 12, 2001, 01:59   #3
Libertarian
King

Local Time: 11:35
Could you start a few more threads? I like seeing all the good ones bumped back to page two. Besides, we don't have enough bi+ch and moan threads. Thanks.
Old November 12, 2001, 02:03   #4
Malthis
Settler

Local Time: 08:35
Quote:
Originally posted by Libertarian
Could you start a few more threads? I like seeing all the good ones bumped back to page two. Besides, we don't have enough bi+ch and moan threads. Thanks.
Hmm, I could say the same about you wasting my thread. I'm trying to have a discussion here, are you? Don't answer that, go away instead.
Old November 12, 2001, 03:00   #5
LaRusso
King

Local Time: 18:35
Quote:
Originally posted by yin26
As Soren said to me a few days back, there are 'certain conditions' the AI checks for before giving you the 'Get off my land or declare war' option. While he didn't elaborate, I think it comes down to relative power. I could be wrong, but it seems the AI 'listens' to you more when you are stronger and basically ignores your requests otherwise.

If I knew what the conditions are, I'd be happier about the issue. As it is, I now kill first and ask questions later.
well i also sometimes use the same thing to cross AI's thin stripe of territory.
You are so anti-america that having a conversation with you would be poinless. You may or maynot feel you are an enemy of the United States, I don't care either way. However if I still worked for the Goverment I would turn over your e-mail address to my bosses and what ever happen, happens.
Old November 12, 2001, 03:08   #6
Altuar
Warlord

Local Time: 11:35
The AI shocked me today with a surprise attack. Now the pesky Romans intruded on my territory before - usually with workers, or with combat units only to go back on my request. Thought this to be some random behaviour.

It happened so that he came in again, two stacks strong, with legions in each stack, combined with some longbowmen and perhaps spearmen.

They seemed to be headed at no particular direction, but came within 4 squares of my city on the border.

Sniffing something funny, but being safe in knowledge that AI is incapable of funny acts, I didnt even bother asking him out of my territory - the units, I reasoned, were probably going south to his city which laid on the other side of the border.

Imagine my shock when they declared war on me two turns later after massing more units! After losing that city and a war costly for both sides, I now take border violations seriously, except for mere workers.
Old November 12, 2001, 03:12   #7
LaRusso
King

Local Time: 18:35
yeah. i am currently paying tribute to xerxes. my russians are boxed in the north and he controls all resources, has wonders and immortals. and i played really well...and already won once on the same level (regent).
AI IS good.

now back to erradicating japanese vermin that disembarked on my furs
You are so anti-america that having a conversation with you would be poinless. You may or maynot feel you are an enemy of the United States, I don't care either way. However if I still worked for the Goverment I would turn over your e-mail address to my bosses and what ever happen, happens.