Old November 12, 2001, 19:28   #1
Malkuth
Settler

Local Time: 16:38
Local Date: October 31, 2010
My First Civ Game
Just to start off things this is my first Civ game. I never played any other Civ game other the SMAC. So far I like it, but thier are some things that are bothering me.

In my game right now I started a war agaist the Aztecs as Americans. Its a cool battle but is Hard as hell (which is awsome). This is not the problem though. My Problem is as the war progresses, and pockets of Unowned territory open up. The other civs will run through my whole country to take these little pockets of land. Why do they do this when within 20 turns that town is going to turn over to me due to the Culture? Its annoying as hell.

Im a little scared to threaten them to leave my Land, because I cant fight or risk a Two front war right now.

How is it that Other Countries always seem to know whats going on in your land. (for instance how does a civ on the other side of map see a 3 Square unowned land open?)

Another example of this, A town I cultured into my Civ, (because another dumb civ actually found a 1 Square tile to place it by my Cap!) The enemy even though the town was way out of his reach managed to realize that it had no defense. So it snuck 1 unit through and capped it. DOH. (took it back 2 turns later).

I have not fought yet in the Indrustrial age (just recieved Musket Men at begging of war) but what im learning from this board is that the later ages are messed up. No jets intercept bombers, tanks falling to pikemen. Thank god my war is going on in the sword vs sword age.

Anyway im sure things will be fixed, so far im having fun. Was up too 3 AM first night. Up to 1 AM lastnight. Boy its blast so far.
Im sure when I reach higer Techs I will notice all this other stuff.

PS maybe the beta testers never made it to higher ages. On my first game Turtorial, the civs never made it too Industial, and the game ended at retirment. DOH. What was it 2250?
Old November 12, 2001, 20:15   #2
DaddyCool
Chieftain

Local Time: 11:38
Re: My First Civ Game
Quote:
Originally posted by Malkuth
How is it that Other Countries always seem to know whats going on in your land. (for instance how does a civ on the other side of map see a 3 Square unowned land open?)
I think you can see this sort of thing too (as long as the map's uncovered in that spot). But us humans aren't usually as methodical about checking for it as the AI is.
Old November 12, 2001, 20:45   #3
Pyrodrew
Prince

Local Time: 08:38
Quote:
The AI Civs trade Maps & Communications with each other like crazy. So if 1 AI knows what your land looks like there are good chances he/she traded this knowledge to the other AI Civs as well.