Old January 2, 2001, 15:35   #1
Snog
Warlord

Local Time: 00:12
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Barbarian City Style.. again
Hi, in the scenario I'm creating I would like the barbarians to have a city style all their own. So far they always seems to adopt the city style of civ #1. Is there anyway to get around this?
Old January 3, 2001, 11:45   #2
SCDARS
Civilization II Multiplayer
Warlord

Local Time: 01:12
If they should have a unique icon, why don't you prevent this city styles for other nations?

If you can afford not to use the modern style, you could overwrite it with the usual ancient style and assign the tribes which should be ancient the tech in the "Automobile" slot.

Then the Barbarians have their "own" city style you can change.
Old January 4, 2001, 06:34   #3
BeBro
Emperor

Local Time: 02:12
Snog, you can give the "real" civ # 1 the modern or the industrial city style, then the Barbs will have their "normal" style, while civ # 1 uses the new style.

Give civ # 1 Industrialization for the industrial look or Electronics + Automobile for the modern look, then make these advances non-researchable

------------------
Civ2000
Old January 4, 2001, 07:46   #4
Snog
Warlord

OK. The civs in this game can reach industrial age but probably not modern age. Now I just have to look at the unchangeable side-effects of giving a civ automobile and electronics. I think that their cities will make pollution based on population but if I remember, there is a way to turn this off in the scenario settings. Thank you both for the idea! The only draw back is their city-style will never change into the industrial-age style like the other civs will, but I will live with that.
Old January 4, 2001, 07:56   #5
Snog
Warlord

I looked into it. The applicable unchangeable effects are : industrialization: increases pollution from population , electronics: increases effectiveness of colosseums by 1 citizen. I can work with this.
Old January 4, 2001, 09:04   #6
Snog
Warlord

Alright. I made the changes. I copied the automobile and electronics advances into the user defined slots and replaced the instances of Aut and E2 with U2 and U3. Then I made up some names for the old automobile and electronics advances. I gave the old electronics advance to all the civs so they all get the +1 colosseum effect. Then I gave the old automobile advance only to civ #1 and then set them both to no,no.

There are just a couple side effects. The civ #1 takes longer to move through the city sizes than the other civs (because it's really the modern age.) and it can never change to the industrial age style.

I think if i were to do this again I would not use civ #1; instead use civs 2-8 and then set #1 style to the barbarian style. I was too far into the scenario-work to do that this time. Live and learn.

[This message has been edited by Snog (edited January 04, 2001).]
Old January 6, 2001, 03:03   #7
Kull
lifer
King

Local Time: 17:12
Local Date: October 30, 2010
There's an even easier way to do this. Get the CivTweak program and use it to set the city styles for every civ. It's almost a requirement to do this anyway, since otherwise the human civ will ALWAYS adopt city style #1, even if design everything correctly while building the scenario.

CivTweak can be downloaded from the Utilities section of Gothmog's Web Page