Old November 12, 2001, 20:28   #1
smellymummy
King

Local Time: 08:39
Local Date: October 31, 2010
AI town converts, close to my colony ?
has this happened to anyone else yet:

I grew tired of managing more towns as I was quite happy with the empire I had built and the borders I had.... So I built colonies far away (where I had razed away the enemy) to get some more resources. I fortified the colonies with fortresses and plenty of units..

Then the japanese came, and built towns right outside of each of my colonies, just enough so at the new towns next culture growth it would eat up my colonies.

However one town just converted to me! My culture border is 7 tiles away from this town that just converted and my capital is 15 tiles away...

Next to this new town I got (only 4 tiles away) is a cize 21 metro with 2214 culture points, and 8 tiles away from they're former capital.

What gives? Do colonies and lots of military units pose a serious enough threat to get a town to convert?

I checked the nationality of the citizens, and only 1 was of my own civ.. Can I repeat this? Because to be honest I'd like to peacefully deal with all of these new cities that will eat up my colonies soon..

thanks for any help
Old November 12, 2001, 23:52   #2
smellymummy
King

Local Time: 08:39
Local Date: October 31, 2010
i tried doing this again from an autosave, but the town did not convert again. there was another event as well, a depletion of coal and a new coal source found near an iron one.... which did not repeat itself either.

that random seed thing obviously doesnt apply to cultural events and resources I guess.

but I'm still baffled by that town turning over to me like that. My borders werent anywhere near! Makes no sense.

It's a game on the world map (standard) btw, where I was having other bugs. Perhaps its the world map itself thats buggy