Old November 12, 2001, 23:07   #1
facistdictator
Chieftain

Local Time: 11:40
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Goverment bug discovered
I was having a pretty good game until while in the process of researching monarchy i made contact with another civilization and he already had the technology of monarchy so I bought it for a fair price. Well here comes the pisser, you know when you research a new goverment type the window pops up to allow you to change over to the newly discovered goverment, well that did not happen in the case of buying it from another civ. Has anyone else had this problem? I dont know if maybe it was because i bought the goverment that i was currently researching or simply because i bought it. But the screen that allows you to change goverments should have popped up anyway you put it. Firaxis i wish you guys would put something in the patch that would allow you to indepently chang your goverment on your own. Some kind of goverment tab maybe by the diploymacy tab at the bottom right of the screen. I mean lets say your communist and later in the game you want to be facist but you have already discovered it, then your screwed or you have to wait till the game pops up the window for you to choose the goverment that you already researched, come on thats pretty lame dont you guys think.
"How must the man be constituted who will lead Germany back to her old heights?" The man, should be a dictator not averse to the use of slogans, street parades and demagoguery. He must be a man of the people yet have nothing in common with the mass. Like every great man, he must be "all personality," and one who"does not shrink from bloodshed. Great questions are always decided by blood and iron." To reach his goal, he must be prepared "to trample on his closest friends," dispense law "with terrible hardness" and deal with people and nations "with cautious and sensitive fingers" or if need be "trample on them with the boots of a grenadier." ---Rudolf Hess
facistdictator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12, 2001, 23:46   #2
Nyl
Settler

I hate to say RTFM, so...
Go into the Domestic Advisor (F1) and click on the green button near the top with a label of 'Despotism' (or whatever you're at). Or, you can hit Shift-G.

-Jamie
Nyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13, 2001, 00:20   #3
bigfree1

If your stupid and you know it clap your hands...
This is becoming a problem; people can't figure out how to do something, so they call it a 'bug'! Do some of your own research people:

READ THE FRIGGIN' MANUAL!

How hard is it to actually read the manual that came with it?

It's 235 pages of some helpful information!(though there could've been much more, IMO)

In case you missed it when you took out the game CD, it's tan in color, it has "Sid Meier's Civilization III" on the front, along with [gasp] "Instruction Manual" [gasp], if you can believe that!
Old November 13, 2001, 04:20   #4
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 18:40
well, they might have games that shipped without manual
alva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13, 2001, 10:23   #5
bahoo
Chieftain

Re: If your stupid and you know it clap your hands...
Quote:
[READ THE FRIGGIN' MANUAL!

How hard is it to actually read the manual that came with it?
Have you ever read the manual, it sucks? It's got all kinds of incorrect information. Plus, it's 235 pages, I shouldn't have to read 235 pages to figure simple stuff out like how to build and use an embassy, how to make railroads, and how to change my government. The game should be intuitive.
bahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13, 2001, 13:14   #6
bigfree1

I did say it was lacking, didn't I???

What you might not find as intuitive, I or others might have, then again how much can be intuitive for a pc game interface?

I think the controls they have are pretty good, non-cluttering, and easy to use (once you know that they exist). I too had a few problems early on (rushed into playing without reading the WHOLE manual), but once I took a look at it(the manual), things kind of 'clicked' for me.

Again, not to say I think the manual could've been 100% better, but there are SOME very good things in it, no?
Old November 15, 2001, 02:14   #7
facistdictator
Chieftain

Hey bigfree1 let me guess you was one of those dorks back in high school who thoroughly read every one of his school books and probably never got laid, or your just such a genius you come up with a name like BIGFREE1 in a forum that consist mainly of males, hmmmm maybe you should just be open about it and call yourself hummerman, knob slobber, or captain sucky.
"How must the man be constituted who will lead Germany back to her old heights?" The man, should be a dictator not averse to the use of slogans, street parades and demagoguery. He must be a man of the people yet have nothing in common with the mass. Like every great man, he must be "all personality," and one who"does not shrink from bloodshed. Great questions are always decided by blood and iron." To reach his goal, he must be prepared "to trample on his closest friends," dispense law "with terrible hardness" and deal with people and nations "with cautious and sensitive fingers" or if need be "trample on them with the boots of a grenadier." ---Rudolf Hess
Old November 15, 2001, 05:05   #8
JAMiAM
Prince

Local Time: 08:40
Gasp! He probably knew how to spell fascist, too. The things you can learn by reading. Go figure...
JAMiAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15, 2001, 10:30   #9
bigfree1

Quote:
Originally posted by facistdictator
Hey bigfree1 let me guess you was one of those dorks back in high school who thoroughly read every one of his school books and probably never got laid, or your just such a genius you come up with a name like BIGFREE1 in a forum that consist mainly of males, hmmmm maybe you should just be open about it and call yourself hummerman, knob slobber, or captain sucky.
Wow, I didn't think you could read, what a surprise! AND for your information I was one of those guys in HS that regulary beat the sh*t out little punks like you. Then I'd go over and 'dirty' your little sister if you know what I mean.

Oh by the way, does your name make you feel like you got a bigger penis, I hope so, sounds like you got some 'envy' issues to deal with down under!
Old November 15, 2001, 18:59   #10
kmj
Prince

lol; you guys are funny...

fwiw, I think most of the game is pretty intuitive; you do have to spend some time looking through all the advisor screens to find everything. Not everything is intuitive, though. For example, the special commands for workers: didn't even know they existed 'til I read the manual.
Old November 15, 2001, 20:50   #11
facistdictator
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by bigfree1

Wow, I didn't think you could read, what a surprise! AND for your information I was one of those guys in HS that regulary beat the sh*t out little punks like you. Then I'd go over and 'dirty' your little sister if you know what I mean.

Oh by the way, does your name make you feel like you got a bigger penis, I hope so, sounds like you got some 'envy' issues to deal with down under!
The only thing you wear beating in high school was your meat dweeb boy, while guys like me where on your girlfriend, if you had one, which you probably didnt because your a dork now and thats what they say, dorks back in high school are still dorks today. So go on back to your butt buddy JAMiAM.
Old November 15, 2001, 22:02   #12
JAMiAM
Prince

Local Time: 08:40
LoL! You're pretty funny, fd. Didn't win many spelling bees, did you?
JAMiAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15, 2001, 23:46   #13
jadlakha
Warlord

Local Time: 16:40
Im suprised this thread hasnt been closed............................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .........................
jadlakha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16, 2001, 17:33   #14
facistdictator
Chieftain

No JAMiAM I didnt, I just slept with all the women that dorks like you could only dream about.
Old November 16, 2001, 18:34   #15
Jeff George
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by facistdictator
Even an idiot could have figured out how to change the government without reading the manual.
Jeff George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18, 2001, 05:39   #16
bigfree1

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff George

Even an idiot could have figured out how to change the government without reading the manual.
Yes, but idiots like fd are few and far between (thank God!)

BTW, fd, what kind of penis enlarging techniques have you tried? Every time your mom tells me that story about catching you and your brother in the broom closet.........well, I just feel so lucky I'm not you.
Old November 18, 2001, 21:24   #17
facistdictator
Chieftain

Jeff George God thats got be the most ignorant name in history. Sounds like the name of a cardboard box industry or somethin. I guess your support for the Bigfree1 constitutes your homo relationship with him. Oh well u guys have fun.
Old November 20, 2001, 00:09   #18
bigfree1

Hey fd, does your penis get smaller every day? You have one of those that girls (or boys in your case?) like to call an 'inny', don't you?
Old November 20, 2001, 03:21   #19
Rasbelin
Emperor

Local Time: 18:40
Re: Re: If your stupid and you know it clap your hands...
Quote:
Originally posted by bahoo

Have you ever read the manual, it sucks?
I have, but if something sucks, I suppose it's Bahoo himself. *yawn*
Old November 20, 2001, 05:05   #20
Akaoz
Prince

Local Time: 16:40
hmmmm... a lot of talk about male sexual organs here...

oh well, sort of funny thread tho... I'm just glad it wasn't a _game_ bug...

-Alech