Old November 13, 2001, 00:53   #1
Leonid
Chieftain

Local Time: 11:40
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I declare War,Then I see an alliance was pre-formed against me. How does this happen?
I don't understand, How can AI sign military pact against me before they get nationalism? It says they had a pact signed before I declared war.

There is no option to sign military pacts I don't understand? I declare war and then says Egypt and Greece signed military alliance against me behind my back? ..on the same turn. I was gonna bribe greece to declare on egypt. Just curious how this works.
Old November 13, 2001, 01:22   #2
Grunthex
Warlord

Local Time: 09:40
It's not a mutual protection pact, which is what requires Nationalism. Once you have writing (the embassy is required I think) you can ask a civ to declare war on a civ you're at war with. THAT's a military alliance. It's not a pre-existing condition, and you generally have to pay nicely for it. It also means if you declare peace on the original civ in less than the 20 turns of the alliance, your partner is going to be furious with you.
Old November 13, 2001, 01:33   #3
Leonid
Chieftain

Local Time: 11:40
I know that. But where I am confused is how they get to ask first on the same turn. Right when I declared war immediatly I got the message of the alliance, thus the confusion.
Old November 13, 2001, 03:34   #4
cort
Warlord

Local Time: 18:40
that sounds like a mutal protection.
to sign a mutal protection pact, it is not required that both civs have the nationalism, one is enough. even civs that do not know nationalism can sign pacts with knowing ones..
probably this is your case