Old November 13, 2001, 00:55   #1
tmarcl
Warlord

Local Time: 11:40
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Another idea for the patch (Hey Dan Magaha!)
This is a minor thing, really. It came up in a recent game where I was playing with 16 civilizations, and had five sources of ivory (in addition to my own). As time went by, I was able to establish trade with seven of them, and of the seven, only two wanted ivory. Ok, no big deal.

A few turns later, and I decide to check and see what I had available for trade (esp. new techs). I had built new harbors, and was hoping to have established some new trade routes. Anyhow, when I pulled up the foreign advisor screen, I realized that I no longer remembered who I was trading ivory with. I could pull up the trade advisor screen, and tell who I could (and couldn't) trade with, and what resources I had available, and what resources I was already trading, but I had no idea with whom I was trading which resource.

I would like to suggest a simple addition to the trade advisor screen: A little box telling what goods I am trading to whom-it could even go where the current listing for exports is now.

On a grander scale, it'd be nice to see something similar for people I have established embassies with. It'd be nice to now what they've got available for trade, what techs they have, who they're trading what with, etc, without calling them up for a conference (which kind of defeats the purpose of establishing an embassy, IMO).

Are either of these possible/likely at all, Dan? Please???

Marc
Old November 13, 2001, 03:15   #2
Trifna
King

Local Time: 00:40
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I agree that we should be able to see with who we are exchanging what. May be useful to know what ressources you're cutting to someone (and are cut to you) when going at war or embargo.
Old November 13, 2001, 03:43   #3
Pyrodrew
Prince

Local Time: 08:40
Local Date: October 31, 2010
F2
In the F2 screen, just move your mouse over the resource you're curious about. If you're Importing Wines from Egypt it will say "Fine Egyptian Wines" & if you move your mouse over the Ivory & you're exporting Ivory to Persia it will say so.