Old November 13, 2001, 10:29   #1
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Local Time: 18:42
Local Date: October 31, 2010
How come..?
...Each time I invent some new wonder no other civ has invented they all start building the wonder? It goes like this:

I press enter, the AI's makes their turn, I just invented a new invention and chose which next tech I want, press ok, and I get a msg from all other civs, they are now making the wonder I just invented.

ok, we are all scientific equal, but not that equal that we all (by all wonders I invent) get the same invention exactly the same turn...It doesn't make any sense at all!?!
Old November 13, 2001, 10:45   #2
challenge
Chieftain

Local Time: 10:42
No, but they could pick it up on the same turn or earlier. They only start the Wonder when you become a threat

I don't think they start right away. I started the game able to build the Pyramids, for example. I started it as soon as it was down to 100 turns of construction. A few turns after I traded the tech for something else the AI Civs all started the project. I've got a head start on the two Civs I can see, but there are 16 Civs on the board, and I can only account for three -- including myself. When the others may have started I have no idea.
Old November 13, 2001, 10:50   #3
Stuie
King

Local Time: 12:42
Re: How come..?
Quote:
Originally posted by ADG
...Each time I invent some new wonder no other civ has invented they all start building the wonder? It goes like this:

I press enter, the AI's makes their turn, I just invented a new invention and chose which next tech I want, press ok, and I get a msg from all other civs, they are now making the wonder I just invented.

ok, we are all scientific equal, but not that equal that we all (by all wonders I invent) get the same invention exactly the same turn...It doesn't make any sense at all!?!
You are only told about wonders for which you have the required civ advance; prior to obtaining the advance you are not given the information. Thus, when you get a new advance that the AI civs already have, you are told about the associated wonders that they are already building.
Old November 13, 2001, 11:03   #4
challenge
Chieftain

Local Time: 10:42
I missed that one in the book. Makes perfect sense, sort of.

Observer: ... And I saw them building a big building with steeply angled sides.
Questioner: What was it.
Observer: You have no word for it in your language, sir.

Yeah, prefect sense
Old November 13, 2001, 11:26   #5
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Local Time: 18:42
Re: Re: How come..?
Quote:
Originally posted by Stuie
You are only told about wonders for which you have the required civ advance; prior to obtaining the advance you are not given the information. Thus, when you get a new advance that the AI civs already have, you are told about the associated wonders that they are already building.
That makes sense...exept for one little detail, when talking to other nations I can always see which inventions they have, that I don't have, so I checket just the last turn before I got the invention...but they didn't have that invention, they did though had another invention which I didn't have, so I was able to see those inventions...

But otherwise, that makes sense