Old November 13, 2001, 16:13   #1
chequita guevara
ACDG The Human HiveDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 12:43
Local Date: October 31, 2010
1100 AD, 16 Civs, no wars
Not one. Not one of the Civs has gone to war with another Civ. There's been some bluffs and threats, but so far most of the game has been played like a Diplomacy game, with Civs trying to out maneuver each other for new cities. . . .

Of course, with the Iroquoi waltzing across my border and cutting down one of my forests, I think there's about to be one.

I'll have to say, I don't liike not being able to look at all of the Civs on the Foreign Advisor screen, and seeing who has what relationship with other Civs.

Just gotta hope that the Iroquoi don't have any secret treaties.
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Old November 13, 2001, 16:16   #2
connorkimbro
Emperor

Local Time: 10:43
you know that you CAN see all 16 civs. . just not all 16 civs at the same time? something like shift-click on a picture will switch who is displayed. . IIRC

-theonion.com
Old November 13, 2001, 16:18   #3
chequita guevara
ACDG The Human HiveDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Really, cool. I was using the trade advisor to make contact with other Civs.
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Old November 13, 2001, 16:23   #4
connorkimbro
Emperor

Local Time: 10:43
yep . .
it's still a pain in the ass that you can't see all 16 civs at the same time. rather sloppy, IMO, an obvious indicator that 16 civ support was added sort of last minute. which i guess we knew. hopefully that will be patched.

anyway, it's still a fun game, IMO. . it's just little things like that that are just silly.

-theonion.com
Old November 13, 2001, 16:33   #5
TheDarkside
Civilization IV Creators
Prince

Yeah hold shift and click on a protrait then a list will appear of civs. But in those cases I like to use the main diplomacy list, the tiny "D" on the bottom right of the screen. Right above an "E" for espionage and something else... oh i think an "H" for histograph. But that diplomacy list shows all the civs and their current status with you (war/peace). I'd really love that list to show expanded info like their disposition, a number indicated how many treaties/trades you have with them, how many cities they have... something like that...
Old November 13, 2001, 16:52   #6
Earthling7
Mac
Prince

Local Time: 17:43
Who let Che out of the OT?

On topic: Better 16 civs and 8 visible than 8 civs...