Old November 13, 2001, 21:37   #1
dainbramaged13
Trade Wars / BlackNova Traders
King

Local Time: 12:44
Local Date: October 31, 2010
FIRAXIS: Feature request for editor in patch...
of course, only if you can work it in... the other stuff is probably more important but If youre looking for new ideas, heres on that i think could really be helpful to frequent modders.
There should be a system of 'upgradability' for civ3mod.bic, so that if you use modding for regular gameplay, and you want to use anohter mod as well, in addition to your regular modifications, like suppose you wanted to add civs that you download.... you can 'upgrade' the file instead of updating, where conflicting information (information that is different from what is already there) is prompted to the user (ala do you wish to change this?) of course there is the option to say 'yes to all...'

anyway, dont yell at me, i will also put it to the firaxis site
Old November 14, 2001, 09:37   #2
dainbramaged13
Trade Wars / BlackNova Traders
King

Local Time: 12:44
what! nobody like my idea?

Old November 14, 2001, 10:41   #3
Grumbold
Emperor

Local Time: 17:44
I hadn't realised that using one mod precluded using another one that affected different parts. Yes, ideally it should be simplicity itself to incorporate lots of different mods simultaneously. I plan to do one myself to fix something I dislike but still want the option to add other peoples units, techs, tweaks and frills like the excellent wonder screen upgrade.
Old November 14, 2001, 10:50   #4
Civ Dave
Chieftain

Local Time: 11:44
Quote:
Originally posted by Grumbold
I plan to do one myself to fix something I dislike but still want the option to add other peoples units, techs, tweaks and frills like the excellent wonder screen upgrade.
wonder screen upgrade? qua?
Old November 14, 2001, 11:37   #5
Grumbold
Emperor

Local Time: 17:44
Check out the files forum for the Che Palle mod. The Wonder pix now remind you what they do, when they expire etc.