Old January 7, 2001, 06:28   #1
Snog
Warlord

Local Time: 00:13
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Discovery scenario. 7 balanced civs. Many novelties.
Hi. I was going to wait until I was basically finished and then just ask for a few play-testers, but instead I have decided to try to tap into the creative abilites of the scenario-builders community for help with my new scenario: Old and New.

It's mostly done, just a few tasks left which I consider mundane.. I'll take of those.

What I am looking for is some clever and creative ideas to make the scenario more fun. I would also accept any ideas for changes to graphics or written descriptions, or to the game in general that anyone feels they can add.

I have studied or am in the process of studying all the discovery age scenarios that I can find for inspiration. I have probably looked at 10 so far.

I have already found a lot of great help and advice from this forum, which is why I think there is more out there waiting to present itself.

I'm not going to post a URL link to the scenario here (although if you try you could probably find one in previous posts) because I'm not sure how often to update the link; I want to wait until I see how much interest there is.

So if you're interested in checking it out and possibly offering your help, please send an email to me and I will promptly update the link with the newest version of what I have and you can take a look.

Thanks in advance!

Snog

P.S. if you have any questions before you decide if you want to download it, go ahead and reply to this post, I'd be happy to talk about it
Old January 7, 2001, 06:38   #2
Snog
Warlord

Oops! My email address is iamloser@freeport.com.

Thanks!

:P
Old January 8, 2001, 00:31   #3
Snog
Warlord

I'm bumping this topic whenever I get emails about it, until I start feeling like a message board-hog.. then I'll just let it slide.

Old January 8, 2001, 18:20   #4
St Leo
Scenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 20:13
Local Date: October 30, 2010
I have found the link and am downloading it right now.

P.S. You may want to check out Imperial Ambition which I am playtesting at the moment.

------------------
St. Leo
http://www.sidgames.com/hosted/ziggurat/
http://www.sidgames.com/forums/
Old January 8, 2001, 18:45   #5
Snog
Warlord

Keep in mind this scenario isn't even to the play-test stage yet really. On my agenda now is fine-tuning some graphics and adding the long-houses city style, and figuring out whether or not to give the computers galleons from the get-go so they wont be stupid and load up a caravel with units and then attack a coastal fortess with it.

I've downloaded imperial ambitions; I've glanced at it to see what it was but I haven't played it yet.

Well, let me know anything that pops out at you about the scenario and any suggestions however big or small.

Thanks a lot,

Snog
Old January 8, 2001, 18:51   #6
Snog
Warlord

Oh yes, one more thing. If someone has a good civilopedia description for any of these units: slaves,missionaries,slingers,horse archers,braves,mounted braves,mercenaries,raiders,canoes
let me know although I may just end up writing them myself.
Old January 12, 2001, 22:00   #7
St Leo
Scenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 20:13
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Grr, I am going to have to obtain MGE one way or another soon.

------------------
St. Leo
http://www.sidgames.com/hosted/ziggurat/
http://www.sidgames.com/forums/
Old January 13, 2001, 11:00   #8
Snog
Warlord

Isn't there a way to convert MGE scenarios so that they can be used with FW? What has to be done exactly?