Old January 20, 2001, 11:15   #1
Exile
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 19:13
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Stop Revolutions?
When you take another civ's capital, sometimes, (if there is a free color because a civ has been eliminated) a revolution occurs and the remaining cities split into the remnant civ and a TOTALLY NEW CIV. Is there a way to turn revolutions off? Is there a way of predicting when revolutions will occur or which default civ will be chosen to head the breakaway civ?

In a European scenario I was playing recently, the Italian capital of Rome was taken and a revolution occurred. Most of the cities in N. Italy remained the whie color and Italian, while many others elsewhere on the map suddenly became JAPANESE, turned green (the eliminated civ color), and the new Japanese capital was one of the former Italian cities. Not good. How do you defeat this? or predict it?

Exile
Old January 20, 2001, 11:21   #2
Snog
Warlord

Local Time: 00:13
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Here is an excerpt from my Scenario's event.txt:

@IF
NOSCHISM
defender=anybody
@THEN
@ENDIF

That stops what you describe from ever happening. About predicting it, I'm not sure when it happens, and I think there is a way to set up which civ it will be which pops up, because when it used to happen in my scenario it was always either the Sioux or the Indians.

--Snog
Old January 20, 2001, 11:40   #3
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

Local Time: 01:13
Another sollution (if you think it's accurate that a split might ocur) is to rename all civs except for the ones allready used in the rules.txt to rebels.
This way when the civ splits. They split into a rebel section and a loyal section the rebelling section will be called "Rebels".
Old January 20, 2001, 21:55   #4
Exile
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 19:13
Local Date: October 30, 2010
That's a great idea Henrik; I thought about calling the "rebel" civ the Dutch but only if I could predict which civ would be the one generated by the revolution. Snog, thanks for the tip, and if my imagination fails me, I will certainly use it. It is good to now how to shut the process down and keep it from occurring. I would like to find a way to incorporate it into the actual game, if possible.

Thanks guys,
Exile

------------------
Lost in America
"a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
"or a very good liar." --Stefu
Old January 22, 2001, 06:43   #5
kobayashi
Prince

Local Time: 08:13
I just wanted to add that in a lot of cases, "anybody" becomes the first tribe to trigger the action. Thereafter, anybody is actually only one tribe.

To be sure, you should test out the case by trying to induce a second schism with a second tribe or maybe have a seperate noschism command in the events for each tribe. (But I think the rebel/loyal idea is better)

Anyway this is just speculation as I haven't come across two schisms in a single game before where I used the anybody identity.